User Account wont log int RRS feed

• Question

• I am part or a medical office. We know on Tuesdays we have automatic windows updates. When I came in this morning two of my windows 7 professional computers displayed the User Account screen, but when we click on it, it will not let us sign in the password and it reboots back to the same user account screen.  I am guessing it is a windows update error, but now I cannot get into my system to do notes on my patients.  Can someone help me figure out how to at least bypass the user account screen since it wont even let me type in the password?
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:45 PM

All replies

• Have you tried booting into safe mode?

Have you tried booting from the win 7 dvd?

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 3:01 PM
  • Hi,

Try restore these two machines see if it resolve the issue, and RDP should still work fine, and we can use it for further troubleshooting.

We have received similar reports from many community members at same time. Some recent update might cause user logon issues. Seems like it has been narrow down to KB 3097877. You could restore your system and hide this update temporarily for good measure.

Many solution are suggested in following thread, here is the link for references.

Blank screen after pressing CTRLALTDEL for login after Windows Updates. No way of logging in on Domain.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/336eae75-b5f4-41ea-bd2b-5f0248585a66/blank-screen-after-pressing-ctrlaltdel-for-login-after-windows-updates-no-way-of-logging-in-on

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Deason Wu Thursday, November 12, 2015 5:32 AM
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 5:30 AM