Installing Windows Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm Trying To Install Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 SP1 on My Server Dell PowerEdge 1800

I Have recently bought a Seagate Cheetah 15K.5 - hard drive - 300 GB - Ultra320 SCSI

It Was Working Fine With Windows Server 2008 x64 but when i tried to install R2 SP1 x64,

the setup cant find the hard drive. i found then drivers for SCSI and tried to load drivers from usb but still couldn't find

the hard drive.

Thnx In Advance

Sunday, April 17, 2011 4:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Proposed as answer by Vincent Hu Monday, April 18, 2011 2:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vincent Hu Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:58 AM
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 4:54 PM
  • omg it formatted the hard disk with all the database and backups any other software

Monday, April 18, 2011 3:26 PM
  • What? Not good. Sounds like you picked the wrong disk.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Monday, April 18, 2011 9:25 PM
  • i downloaded the file in this link, burnt it into dvd and started and after a while asked for installation OS Preparation Disk, i downloaded it too and made everything ok (After formating all Disks)

and the installation asked for OS DVD (Server 2008 R2) and when the installation complete, the computer restart every time and didn't logged in

i tried the save mode booting, it loads all files normally but when it comes to the file disk.sys it taking much time loading the it and then restarting again!!!

any suggestions??????!!!!  

Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:06 AM
  • When you boot from OpenManage did you configure the raid controller and setup the target array for OS installation? I've done this a few times with Dell servers and had no problems but I sure don't have it commited to memory. If your having trouble with navigating OpenManage you might want to contact Dell support or also try the Dell support forums.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 2:00 PM