none
Sharepoint Intranet users access without account RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to Sharepoint, and I've tried to look for what I'm asking, however I know I'm not using the correct terminology which limits my search results.

So, I'm using Office 365 and Sharepoint Online.  I do not have any type of access to the server account or anything like that.

What I'd like to be able to do is have anyone in my organization be able to access the sharepoint site to view the contents as it will have policy information on it.

Only those with accounts would be able to add details.

Ideally what I'd like is the sharepoint address (https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/purchasing/_layouts/15) to be able to be viewed by anyone in the company.

Currently I receive "You need permission to access this site" error.  (Can't attach photo or I would)

I appreciate any help you can offer or point to the right direction for an answer.  Thanks for your time!  

• Edited by Ohi74 Thursday, November 21, 2019 6:19 PM clarification
    Thursday, November 21, 2019 4:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please note that you will need a Microsoft account to access any of your intranet sites under all circumstances, except when you share the contents (documents, pages etc.) directly with a guest link.

I suggest you create a public modern team site which anyone has Visitor access to by default. You can check the site Privacy settings via Settings > Site Information.

You can modify the site permissions via Site permissions > Advanced permissions settings if you want to modify user permissions.

Here are your references.

External sharing overview.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/external-sharing-overview

Step by Step Guide to SharePoint External Sharing.

Please note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by Ohi74 Friday, November 22, 2019 2:26 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2019 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please note that you will need a Microsoft account to access any of your intranet sites under all circumstances, except when you share the contents (documents, pages etc.) directly with a guest link.

I suggest you create a public modern team site which anyone has Visitor access to by default. You can check the site Privacy settings via Settings > Site Information.

You can modify the site permissions via Site permissions > Advanced permissions settings if you want to modify user permissions.

Here are your references.

External sharing overview.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/external-sharing-overview

Step by Step Guide to SharePoint External Sharing.

Please note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by Ohi74 Friday, November 22, 2019 2:26 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2019 7:49 AM
  • Thanks Much Chelsea!

I appreciate the answer and the references, these should help greatly!

Friday, November 22, 2019 2:27 PM