Cannot install QuickBooks Pro 10 on HP Touchsmart 600 os Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have spent hours with QuickBooks support and they are now saying it is a registry error.  I am getting a error code 1603.  Can I run a scan to make sure there is a registry problem  Or can I uninstall and reinstall the .msi file?  Any help would greatly be appreciated.  

Thanks,

Lin

Sunday, October 3, 2010 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, please check this article: Error: MSI Returned 1603, installing QuickBooks

if issue persists, you can take the following steps:

we can use the following methods to repair the Windows Installer:

1. Start -> All Programs -> Accessories. Right-click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.

2. Type “msiexec /unregister” (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

3. Type “msiexec /regserver” (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

If the issue persists, I suggest you could perform an in-place upgrade to see the problem can be resolved.

1. Boot into Windows 7.

2. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

3. Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.

4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows 7.

Now, reinstall the  .MSI and see how it works.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by fllin Thursday, October 7, 2010 8:04 AM
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First, please check this article: Error: MSI Returned 1603, installing QuickBooks

if issue persists, you can take the following steps:

we can use the following methods to repair the Windows Installer:

1. Start -> All Programs -> Accessories. Right-click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.

2. Type “msiexec /unregister” (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

3. Type “msiexec /regserver” (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

If the issue persists, I suggest you could perform an in-place upgrade to see the problem can be resolved.

1. Boot into Windows 7.

2. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

3. Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.

4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows 7.

Now, reinstall the  .MSI and see how it works.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by fllin Thursday, October 7, 2010 8:04 AM
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 8:51 AM
  • Thanks, Alex, I will try this.  Hopefully, something will finally work.  

Have a great one,

Lin

Lin
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 8:06 AM