Error Occurred In Application : Parameter Incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• We have a bit of a strange issue when using Pro Clarity Web Professional v6.2.
    When the user clicks on the time dimension in grid view they receive the message :

"Warning : Error Occurred In Application : Parameter Incorrect"

They try and click past the error and then receive :

"An Error Occurred In the Application : Catastrophic Failure"

We are using version 6.2.2215.2009 of Pro Clarity Web Professional.

Ive searched around and although I see some reference to Catastrophic failure we are at a loss as to why these error messages occur.

Is anyone able to advise on a possible cause/solution for this issue?

Thanks

Friday, January 23, 2009 4:51 PM

All replies

• Can this be consistently produced on multiple machines and with multiple users?
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, January 26, 2009 10:54 PM
  • Here is what we have experienced.  We have seen it on multiple and multiple users but it has been difficult to produce consistently.  See examples below:

1)  User goes to Pro Clarity URL.
         User launches web professional.
         User logs into usual server at connect prompt.
         User chooses a cube to open (we have two).
         Error message : Catastrophic Failure.

User clicks OK and Pro Clarity continues.  However any saved reports the user has in My Views not visible.
         User closes windows and try's again - same error.
         User waits for 1-2 hours and try's again - No Issue!

2)  User logs into ProClarity as above with no error message.
         Clicks on the time dimension in grid view.
         Error message :  Warning : Error Occurred In Application : Parameter Incorrect.
         Error message :  An Error Occurred In the Application : Catastrophic Failure

Its very strange as its not possible to always replicate.
    We've also had instances recently of users "losing" reports from their my views.  When checking the PAS the reports have disappeared.  At first we though the users may have made the mistake of deleting, but this has occurred a few time now.  Could this in any way be related - some kind of issue with the PAS perhaps?

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:14 PM
  • Here are the options I see at this point:

1.  Try removing ProClarity from one of the machines and follow that with a manual clean-up, as described here.  Re-install and test again.

2.  Perform the same remove/clean-up steps above, but install and test with ProClarity 6.3 SP2.  This will at least tell you if an upgrade could resolve the issue.

3.  Open a case for troubleshooting and investigation into root cause.

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:32 PM