You do not have permission to access this device RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This is for a Nikon camera trying to access via PC with Windows 7 pro, but the issue seems to only by my PC. Using a Mac the pictures are viewable, from phone just fine. I'm thinking it's permissions related but I don't know how to rectify, it won't allow for even a properties view, just gives that error message each time.

My user profile is set for admin with full permissions

Monday, July 29, 2013 9:42 PM

Answers

• Hi MikeMboston,

It would be helpful for future troubleshooting if you could help to collect the following information:

1. Have you tried connecting the camera to another USB port?
    2. Did other devices connected to the computer work well?

Please try the following methods to solve this issue:

Method 1: Troubleshoot camera connection problems

Pleases review this article Troubleshoot camera connection problems to get more help.

Method 2: fix common driver problems

When hardware that's installed in, or attached to, a computer doesn't work properly, it's often because of a driver problem. Hardware and devices require drivers to work properly with a computer. Follow the troubleshooting steps from this link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/tips-fixing-common-driver-problems#tips-fixing-common-driver-problems=windows-7

Method 3: Reset the USB controllers.

1. Disconnect all USB devices.
    2. Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search box and then press Enter.
    3. Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers in Device Manager.
    4. Right-click on the Generic USB Hub, click Unistall, and then click OK.
    5. Repeat step 3 to uninstall all items under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    6. Reboot your computer, and Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.

For your information, please review this article How do I get pictures from my camera to my computer? to learn to import pictures and video clips from your digital camera to your computer in a few different ways:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-do-i-get-pictures-from-my-camera-to-my-computer

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:52 AM