none
Saving visual reports offline and sending by email. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a local copy of MSPROJECT Professional 2010 and Office Professional 2010.

I am trying to send a copy of an excel visual report  by email such that people can use the pivot table features on the data.  Data is not attached to the excel file and pivot table, so the pivot table is non-functional.

After I save the .xlsx file, close project, and then reopen the excel pivot table.  The data shows up fine but if I try and move or add/delete fields I get the following pop-up error messages depending on what i tried:

"Excel cannot find OLAP cube ProjectReport.  Either the OLAP database has been changed or you don't have permissions to connect to the cube.  Consult your database administrator."

or the following message:

"Data could not be retrieved from the external data source.  Error message returned by the external data source:  XML for Analysis parser: The CurrentCatalog XML/A property was not specified."

Am I approaching this incorrectly?  All I want to do is send the pivot table out to people so they can view and manipulate the reports.

I asked this about a month ago in this thread:  (LINK DELETED) but did not get a final response.  Any help appreciated.

Friday, August 16, 2013 2:19 PM