none
Backup Email Entourage Mac

Question

• I have an old system that contains my father's old Entourage account. We are planning to sell the system this time. Can I somehow backup my Entourage Mac emails?
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:23 AM

Answers

• Directly backing up the Entourage profile is not even near possibility. However, you can export the Entourage files to RGE format.
    As Entourage support is eventually ending, it is necessary that you switch the mail client to Apple Mail or Outlook. As for the mail back up, you will need a good converter tool that should let the emails import easily to Apple mail/Outlook mac. Otherwise, the backed up emails read, and thus, turn useless.
    I have heard about Mail Backup X. This tool can backup RGE files. 
    With Mail Backup X, you can export the RGE file to any format of your convenience.
    Take a free trial before purchasing the same, to ensure it works the way you expected.

• Edited by Steven Prior Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wil304 Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:57 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:37 AM

All replies

• Directly backing up the Entourage profile is not even near possibility. However, you can export the Entourage files to RGE format.
    As Entourage support is eventually ending, it is necessary that you switch the mail client to Apple Mail or Outlook. As for the mail back up, you will need a good converter tool that should let the emails import easily to Apple mail/Outlook mac. Otherwise, the backed up emails read, and thus, turn useless.
    I have heard about Mail Backup X. This tool can backup RGE files. 
    With Mail Backup X, you can export the RGE file to any format of your convenience.
    Take a free trial before purchasing the same, to ensure it works the way you expected.

• Edited by Steven Prior Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wil304 Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:57 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you could check the thread discussed before

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2008-macother/back-up-for-entourage-2008-mac-emails/9e6ca105-bae2-4662-939c-563d04d30a7c?db=5

And since this is windows server backup forum, we main focus on the problem about build-in feature windows server backup (WSB) on Windows server version.

Since Microsoft Entourage  is for Mac system. I suggest you could consult in Microsoft mac community for more suggestion.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_other-mso_mac?tab=Threads

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:50 AM
  • <g class="gr_ gr_43 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="43" id="43">Thanks</g> Mary for alerting me about the right forum. Will contact them in future.

For the time being, I am using Mail Backup X. A bit confused if I shall keep my entourage files in here or shall move them to Outlook through conversion. The tool recommended by Steven seems good enough. As he said, it has backed up my entourage files and I can access them from the Viewer Window.
    I think that solves my issue for now.
    Thanks <g class="gr_ gr_39 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="39" id="39">Steven</g>.

• Edited by Wil304 Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:56 AM
    Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:53 AM