how to find all the mailboxes to which a user has fullmailbox permission RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello Experts,

I would like to know as to how i can find all the mailboxes to which a user has full mailbox permissions.

Friday, March 9, 2012 8:33 AM

All replies

• If it is exchange 2010 check in manage full access permission by making right click on mailbox under reciepient configuration

Nelson N Exchange 2003|2007|2010

Friday, March 9, 2012 8:34 AM
  • Friday, March 9, 2012 11:02 AM
  • Hello Nelson,

I am aware of how to check full mailbox permission if i know the mailbox name to which a user has access.

My question is , how to list out all the mailboxes to which a user has full mailbox access .

Regards.

Chandrashekar S

Friday, March 9, 2012 6:01 PM
  • Hi Andrey,

I have already referred to them and they are not serving the purpose .

My question is how do i list out all the mailboxes to which a user has full-mailbox permission set.

Friday, March 9, 2012 6:03 PM
  • Hi,

You can view the msExchDelegateListBL atribut in the properties of users in the Active Directory Users and Computers, or 
    try the cmdlet below from Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell.

Get-ADUser User_Name -Properties * | Select msExchDelegateListBL | Export-Clixml c:\results.txt

Andrey Podlesnykh | MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCSA

Friday, March 9, 2012 7:43 PM
  • The following powershell will show all the mailboxes that another mailbox has full access to.  Please note that this will use some memory to store the intermediate results.

$mailboxName = "mailboxName"
    $identity = (Get-Mailbox $mailboxName).Identity
    $mailboxes = get-mailbox -resultsize unlimited
    foreach ($mailbox in $mailboxes)
    {
        if($mailbox | Get-MailboxPermission | WHERE {($_.AccessRights -Contains "FullAccess") -AND  ($_.Identity -eq $identity)})
        {
            $mailbox
        }
    }

Bill

Friday, March 9, 2012 8:44 PM