none
Week Numbers starting at Project Start Date?? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue with a microsoft project file.  I have changed the timescale to include week numbers.  I need the week numbers to start on the project start date (specified in the Project Information). There are pre-start items which mean that the pre-start items would be Week -1, Week -2 and so on.  However, the timescale isn't showing the week numbers starting at the project start date

There is also a strange thing where printing does print this correctly - but, its just the workspace view that is reporting it incorrect.

Any ideas guys?

Miles Bennett Lead Consultant Numberminds Limited

Monday, June 8, 2015 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hey John,

Thanks for this.  I have actually managed to do the same as yours but, the friend I'm helping out can't.  I will have a look at the global template and worst case scenario try a repair through control panel or reinstall.

Many thanks buddy 

Miles 

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 1:44 PM

All replies

• Miles,

First of all, which version of Project are you using? Is it updated with the latest fixes? If you have Office set for auto-update, then your installation should be up to date. If not, you may need to manually update.

Are you using fiscal years?

John

Monday, June 8, 2015 10:45 PM
  • All recent updates have been applied and this is an issues that has been outstanding for a number of months.  I've also tried it with and without fiscal years 

Cheers

Miles

Monday, June 8, 2015 10:47 PM
  • Miles,

Okay, but what version are you using?

I set up a simple test file using Project 2010. This is what I get on the Gantt Chart view (note, the Project Start date is today, Monday and my system date format is currently set for dd/mm/yy for reasons unrelated to this issue). Is this Gantt display what you are after? If this is not what you are after, please clarify.

If the above is what you are expecting but don't see, does this happen with any file you create or just this one file? If it is just the one file, my guess is file corruption. Try saving as XML and then re-open in Project. If it happens with any file, you may have a corrupt Global or Project itself may be corrupt. To fix your Global, find the working Global, move it to the trash and then re-open Project. Project will automatically create a new default Global. If that doesn't help try a repair of project through the Windows Control Panel and if that doesn't work, you may want to bite the bullet and do an un-install and re-install of Project.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 2:07 AM
  • Hey John,

Thanks for this.  I have actually managed to do the same as yours but, the friend I'm helping out can't.  I will have a look at the global template and worst case scenario try a repair through control panel or reinstall.

Many thanks buddy 

Miles 

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 1:44 PM
  • Miles,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 3:43 PM