CCE- Cloud Connector Certificate error RRS feed

Answers

• Thanks for the response. We were able to complete the installation by copying 'SfB CCE Intermediate certificate' under Intermediate root (as expected) *and* under Personal certificates (not sure why). After CMS installation was complete, we quickly compared list of certs under CMS Cert Manager and replicated to Edge Cert Manager.

To help others who are using GoDaddy cert

1. Copy GoDaddy Intermediate root cert under 'Intermediate root' in Base image
    2. After CMS installation is complete, copy SfB CCE Intermediate root cert from CMS to Edge
    3. On Edge install SfB CCE Intermediate root cert under 'Intermediate root' and Personal

Not sure why SfB CCE Intermediate root cert is not being copied correctly during installation of Edge (no issues with CMS and Mediation), looks like a bug to me.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 4:44 PM
  • Wednesday, January 3, 2018 4:50 AM

All replies

• Hi VOIP connector,

Would you please tell us did you receive the error “WARNING: Set-CsCertificate failed.”? Could you please give us screenshot for your error message?

Did you try the method in the similar thread?

What kind of certificate did you use for Cloud connector edition?

What’s your could connector edition version?

The Install-CcAppliance cmdlet installs the Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition appliance—including the AD, Central Management Store, Mediation Server, and Edge Server virtual machines—on the host server. For the parameter “skipExistingObjects” means it must be used in conjunction with the Steps parameter. This parameter is for troubleshooting only.

For the command “Install-CcAppliance”, it seems that you need to run it from step 1, there is no option to run it from step 12.

You can refer to the following document
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt492526.aspx

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 29, 2017 2:34 AM
  • This is a new installation and we are using CCE 2.0.1. Host machine is running Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter edition. We are using GoDaddy certificate. On the base VM, I have installed GoDaddy intermediary root certificate and I have also copied SfB CCE Intermediate to Edge server as mentioned in the other thread.

When I log into Edge server, I an see both internal and External certs under Cert Manager.

Here is screen shot of the error, thanks for your help.

Friday, December 29, 2017 7:18 AM
  • Deleted
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, January 2, 2018 1:36 AM
    Monday, January 1, 2018 2:53 PM
  • Thanks for the response. We were able to complete the installation by copying 'SfB CCE Intermediate certificate' under Intermediate root (as expected) *and* under Personal certificates (not sure why). After CMS installation was complete, we quickly compared list of certs under CMS Cert Manager and replicated to Edge Cert Manager.

To help others who are using GoDaddy cert

1. Copy GoDaddy Intermediate root cert under 'Intermediate root' in Base image
    2. After CMS installation is complete, copy SfB CCE Intermediate root cert from CMS to Edge
    3. On Edge install SfB CCE Intermediate root cert under 'Intermediate root' and Personal

Not sure why SfB CCE Intermediate root cert is not being copied correctly during installation of Edge (no issues with CMS and Mediation), looks like a bug to me.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 4:44 PM
  • We have been making few changes to CloudConnector.ini and followed above steps and it worked fine so far but just now it failed again at the same step. Logs show Set-CsCertificate was unable to find local SQL server, I checked under services and I did not find any SQL services. There are no other errors in PS window.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:30 PM
  • I take it back, I found this error (which was not highlighted as error in PS Window - got me confused)

Checking prerequisite SqlUpgradeInstanceRtcLocal...prerequisite satisfied.
    Installing SQLEXPR_x64.exe(/Q /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /UPDATEENABLED=0 /HIDECONSOLE /ACTION=Install /FEATURES=SQL
    Engine,Tools /INSTANCENAME=RTCLOCAL /TCPENABLED=1 /SQLSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService" /SQLSYSADMINACCOUNTS="Bu
    iltin\Administrators" /BROWSERSVCSTARTUPTYPE="Automatic" /AGTSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService" /SQLSVCSTARTUPTYP
    E=Automatic)...failure code -2068774911
    Log file was: %TEMP%\Bootstrap-CsMachine-[2018_01_02][21_51_04].html

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:46 PM
  • Wednesday, January 3, 2018 4:50 AM