Failed to Update Headers - An IMAP command failed RRS feed

• Question

• Running Win10 PRO and Outlook 2010.  Receive msg when I click on folder in IMAC account saying "Failed to Update Headers, and details read: "An IMAP command failed. Protocol:IMAP    Server: mail.Charter.Net

I can run SCAN.PST over and over until I am getting ZERO errors - nothing to repair. Then I reboot, open outlook, and when I click on the IMAC in or trash folders, I get the error msg again.  I tried and cannot empty the trash folder and I cannot copy messages to other in boxes.  What a mess!  HELP!

Sunday, July 7, 2019 8:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>> I tried and cannot empty the trash folder and I cannot copy messages to other in boxes.
    Please exit Outlook desktop client and try these operations on the web mail and see if there is any difference.

I see that you have tried run SCANPST, it is also suggested to rename (delete) your OST file. Besides, your profile may has been corrupted, so, if the issue persists, please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

In addition, if possible, it is also suggested to temporarily turn off your antivirus software to check if the issue will be gone, because some antivirus programs the firewall may cause this issue.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 8, 2019 9:00 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:47 AM