Help my new PC has heaps of errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a brand new custom built PC, I have had it about a month.  I have issues with my internet modem (trying to solve those with internet provider), and when I lose my internet service my PC totally freezes and I have no option but to manually shut it down, which is not good for my hard drive and I have had to manually restart my PC about 50 times since I have gotten my PC.  The most recent manual restart I have had to do was about an hour ago, I didn't lose my internet connection and when I looked at event viewer I couldn't see what the issue was, only thing it told me was critical error with manual restart, which I already knew that one lol.

My PC is Windows Ultimate 7 64 bit

Service Pack 1

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz  3.40GHz

Installed Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

I don't know what info you need or how to get it for you other than that.  My husband installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit into my PC himself as it only came with Windows Home Edition 30 day trial.  We had issues with the bluetooth device causing critical errors but we disabled it and so no further issues with that. 

Hoping someone can help me sorry I am not very computer savvy lol if u couldn't guess lmao.  If you need info just let me know how to get it for ya and I will lol.

Thankyou in advance

Bundy72

Sunday, May 15, 2011 8:01 AM

Answers

• What is the model of your computer? You need to access the computer manufacturer's website and find if there is any Windows 7 modem drivers can be downloaded.

Otherwise, you may temporary disable the antivirus and see the result. If the issue does not occur, I suggest you reinstall the antivirus. Then if it does not resolve the issue, contact the support of the antivirus for more information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, May 23, 2011 7:47 AM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:23 AM