none
IAG Access URL RRS feed

Answers

• Not sure I'm following your need 100%, so I'll answer generally:
    When you configure a portal in IAG, it has "buttons" to the applications. Each of these is a link on the same base URL (portal.contoso.com/<some app>), and there's also a toolbar with a "home" button that takes you back to the portal with the icons.

If a user goes directly to one of these app links (from his Bookmarks, mostly), then he will get redirected to the IAG login page, and then immediately back to the app he bookmarked. An administrato can also set the portal to automatically go to a specific app upon login.

It's important to keep in mind, though, that IAG URLs are quite lengthy, so it's not viable for a user to type an app's URL manually. You could, however, create a static redirector on some other server using a Meta-refresh tag or a hard-redirect in IIS. You could even create a TinyURL to it, if you really wanted.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:06 PM
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:06 PM

All replies

• Not sure I'm following your need 100%, so I'll answer generally:
    When you configure a portal in IAG, it has "buttons" to the applications. Each of these is a link on the same base URL (portal.contoso.com/<some app>), and there's also a toolbar with a "home" button that takes you back to the portal with the icons.

If a user goes directly to one of these app links (from his Bookmarks, mostly), then he will get redirected to the IAG login page, and then immediately back to the app he bookmarked. An administrato can also set the portal to automatically go to a specific app upon login.

It's important to keep in mind, though, that IAG URLs are quite lengthy, so it's not viable for a user to type an app's URL manually. You could, however, create a static redirector on some other server using a Meta-refresh tag or a hard-redirect in IIS. You could even create a TinyURL to it, if you really wanted.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:06 PM
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:06 PM
  • It can be done using Manual URL Replacement. The rule type should be redirect.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:19 PM
  • Cheers for the input I have used the URL Manual redirect and that seems to work apart from when logging out it doesn't close the IAG session which I will investigate.(Think I need a redirect to the IAG logoff page.
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:29 AM
  • Ending the session is not related to MUR. You are likely having a problem because you are out of the Portal frame work. You need to find a common logoff URL (not likely) that will match your multiple applications. If they all use something like /logoff.asp, then the Logoff Message can be modified as needed, else use Appwrap to rewrite the logout string on the client. When the client clicks logoff, it makes a request that matches the string. The session will then be ended after the Wait period.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:43 PM