none
syntax for single items recovery

Question

• Hi 

What is the syntax to set single item recovery to 1  day and retain deleted items to 1 day. while setting deleted items to 1 day do i need to use -UseDatabaseRetentionDefaults $false

current status of my users mailbox

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-Mailbox "myuser@mydomain.com" | FL SingleItemRecoveryEnabled,RetainDeletedItemsFor

SingleItemRecoveryEnabled : False
    RetainDeletedItemsFor     : 30.00:00:00

Saturday, May 12, 2018 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hello Roger,

Please use the blow mentioned syntax to make the changes over the mailbox to reduce it to 1 day.

Set-Mailbox -Identity - "Saurabhy" -RetainDeletedItemsFor 1

For more information please refer to the below mentioned article:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee364752(v=exchg.160).aspx

Cheers,

Saurabh

Please remember to mark the solution as the answer using "Mark as Answer". If you find a solution to be helpful, please use Vote as Helpful

Saturday, May 12, 2018 8:30 AM
  • do i also need to enable SingleItemRecoveryEnabled from False to true
    Saturday, May 12, 2018 7:45 PM
  • Hello Roger,

Yes you need to enable the singleitemrecoveryenabled for the user mailbox, Please find the below syntax for it

Set-Mailbox -Identity "Saurabhy" -SingleItemRecoveryEnabled $true

And also for more information please follow the below mentioned link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee633460(v=exchg.160).aspx

Cheers,

Saurabh

Please remember to mark the solution as the answer using "Mark as Answer". If you find a solution to be helpful, please use Vote as Helpful

Sunday, May 13, 2018 4:18 AM
  • Hi Roger, 

For your needs, you can run the following command:

Set-Mailbox "UserName" -UseDatabaseRetentionDefaults $false -SingleItemRecoveryEnabled $true -RetainDeletedItemsFor 1

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 14, 2018 9:03 AM