Microsoft applications Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a Windows 10 surface laptop. When I try to open my Microsoft word application, it tells me to  Check the Windows Store for more info about Word 2016. Can anyone help me? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but that doesn't seem to work either. 

Thank you very much 

Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Sarah,

I would like to know how you purchased the Word 2016 application, standalone Word 2016 application or Office 2016 application. Do any other Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.) effected?

When did the issue happen? Have you installed any updates recently?

Additionally, please try to right-click the winword.exe, select Run as Administrator to start it. Disable any anti-virus program on your computer, start Word in safe mode to have a try:
    Press Win+R to open Run in Windows, type Winword /safe, press Enter to start Word 2016.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 22, 2018 6:12 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 2, 2018 3:11 AM