none
some questions on project online: integration with existing sharepoint license / integration with OWA calendars and tasks of project members RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have some questions on the implementation of project online in office 365 webapps.

In our organisation we are using only the cloud-apps to work with owa, office and sharepoint.

A few days ago we took one paying license of project online (we don't use project pro) for testing.

The first problem I encountered was that I could not combine it with the existing sharepoint-license. I had to 'decline' the existing license and accept the one that goes with project online. As a result - when I create a project - I can't link it to the sharepoint-sites that allready exist in our 365 environment. Can this be done one way or another?

Secondly: after I created a project I was able to add tasks and calendar items, but I they don't show in my personal tasks and calendar in OWA. If this can't be done I consider it as a huge setback in the choice for this application. Why would we choose to use it when it doesn't really integrate with our OWA-apps? But maybe I'm just overlooking some possibilities?

Cheers!

Paul

• Edited by Paul vdw Sunday, May 22, 2016 7:57 PM
    Sunday, May 22, 2016 7:56 PM

All replies

• Concerning your first problem recall that Project Online is "SharePoint" so you need that as part of your Project Online License. When you create the project online site collection i dont think you can point your project sites to a sharepoint site outside of that site collection. hence the lack of a link, you can create it within the project online site collection. Did I understand your issue correctly?

Stephen T. O'Connor Jr., PMP soconnorjr@gmail.com

Sunday, May 22, 2016 9:42 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Please review - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2998445 and https://absolute-sharepoint.com/2014/09/microsoft-killing-features-office-365-sharepoint-online.html

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Monday, May 23, 2016 10:06 AM