none
problem deploying to sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• I have a distributed setup with MOSS 2007 on one server, PPS monitoring server on another and the database on a third server. Everything works fine up until I try to deploy the solution to MOSS. When I have selected which sharepoint site to deploy to and tries to select a document library I receive this error:

---------------------------
    Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer
    The SharePoint Server you have selected is not supported by PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer. The following versions are supported:

Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0

Microsoft Office SharePoint Services 2007

Please contact your SharePoint Administrator for an upgrade, or select another SharePoint Server for dashboard deployment.
    OK  

I haven't found any solution on this on any forum or webbsearch I've done, I can't find any information about the error in logs and such.
    If anyone have a solution or suggestion on how to get forward I would be greatly thankful.

Regards
    Alex
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Our solution to this problem was to reinstall the MOSS server. After that everything worked as it should. Maybe not the answer you want but at least now it works.

Regards
    Alex

Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:53 AM

All replies

• Alex,

What version of SharePoint are you using?  Go into SharePoint Central Administration-Operations-Servers in Farm.  What version does it say you are running?

Thank you,

Aseem Nayar - MSFT
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:47 PM
  • We are using version 12.0.0.6332

Thanks

Alex
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:15 PM
  • Are you using a NLB (Network Load Balancing) device?  I believe their is a possible issue deploying dashboards when NLB is being used.  Create a site that is not load balanced.  Are you able to deploy to that site? 

Thanks,

Aseem Nayar - MSFT

• Edited by AseemN Friday, June 19, 2009 2:20 PM fix sentence
    Friday, June 19, 2009 2:19 PM
  • No, we are not using NLB.

I did a check with Network Monitor, and when I try to deploy to MOSS I can se this message in the network monitor, when PSCBuilder is trying to access /sitename /_vti_bin/Copy.asmx:
    Statuscode: 401, Unauthorized
    Reason: Unauthorized

The account used for webservice and monitoring site is a domain admin and has rights to database, cubes and MOSS.

Thanks,

Alex
    Monday, June 22, 2009 11:14 AM
  • Were you able to find a soluition for your problem. I am having the exact same issue. Although I have noticed that when I try to deploy to a sharepoint website which is not on port 80 it works fine. Only when I try to deploy to the port 80 sharepoint site I get this error

Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer
    The SharePoint Server you have selected is not supported by PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer. The following versions are supported:

Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0

Microsoft Office SharePoint Services 2007

Please contact your SharePoint Administrator for an upgrade, or select another SharePoint Server for dashboard deployment.

Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:22 PM
  • Is the website that you were able to deploy part of the same webapplication as the site that is on port 80?
    Does the web application that is hosting your port 80 website have Dashboard Viewer For SharePoint installed to it? 

Thanks,

Aseem Nayar - MSFT

Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:58 PM
  • Typically, PPS Monitoring Server is deployed on the MOSS server.  There is a part of the installation that installs the correct features in sharepoint to support PPS.  I would recommend going back through the installation documentation and make sure you didn't miss any steps.  Also, if you are able to preview just fine, they you should compare your web.config from your preview site the web.config for your sharepoint site.
    Friday, October 16, 2009 1:53 PM
  • Aseem,

Question1: Is the website that you were able to deploy part of the same webapplication as the site that is on port 80?

Case1:
    http://spwebsite/sites/SomeSite    (Dashboard viewer installed here) (Error - While deploying dashboard PPS dashboard designer does not recognize this url as a valid sp site)

Case2:
    http://spwebsite:NonDefaultPortNumber/sites/SomeSite   (Dashboard viewer installed here) ( PPS dashboard designer deploys without any issues)

Question2: Does the web application that is hosting your port 80 website have Dashboard Viewer For SharePoint installed to it? 

Yes.

Thanks
    Lal
    Friday, October 16, 2009 4:39 PM
  • Is anybody  have a soluition for this problem. I am having the exact same issue.
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:46 AM
  • Hi,

Our solution to this problem was to reinstall the MOSS server. After that everything worked as it should. Maybe not the answer you want but at least now it works.

Regards
    Alex

Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:53 AM