Unable to push client - laptop client issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys I seem to have a issue pushing out the client thru the console or via OSD.

Every laptop I built gets the below error in the ccmsetup.log.

Strangely desktop machines built don't have the problem. I've even disabled 95% of the drivers in the driver package on the laptop but still to no success.

I have just copied the lines which show up as red in the ccmsetup.log

MSI: Warning 25702. Failed to uninstall PrepDrvr.Sys for Software Metering Agent. 
    MSI: Module C:\Windows\CCM\StatusAgentProxy.dll failed to register.  HRESULT -2147024703.  Contact your support personnel. ccmsetup 6412 (0x190C)
    MSI: Action 14:29:57: Rollback. Rolling back action: ccmsetup 
    File C:\Windows\ccmsetup\{6241CB95-11E9-4108-92B3-06AABA463A4E}\client.msi installation failed. Error text: ExitCode: 1603
    Action: SelfRegModules.
    ErrorMessages:
    Module C:\Windows\CCM\StatusAgentProxy.dll failed to register.  HRESULT -2147024703.  Contact your support personnel.
     ccmsetup 
    Client installation has failed too many times. Ccmsetup will try again after the next reboot. 
    InstallFromManifest failed 0x80004004 ccmsetup 
    Failed to connect to policy namespace. Error 0x8004100e ccmsetup 
    Failed to revoke client upgrade local policy. Error 0x8004100e ccmsetup 

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Thursday, July 21, 2016 4:40 AM

All replies

• Does client.msi.log contain more useful details?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:53 AM
  • Dear Sir,

Have you reviewed below thread and tried solution there?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8e1e7f7-922a-4ce4-8234-3abe11c9ddf6/system-center-2012-r2-client-deployment-fails-module-cwindowsccmstatusagentproxydll-failed-to?forum=configmanagerdeployment

Best regards

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 21, 2016 6:30 AM
  • "I have just copied the lines which show up as red in the ccmsetup.log"

That's generally a bad idea. The red in CMTrace is meant to help guide you -- it is not definitive. You need to examine log entries in context which means reading all relevant entries. Just like a puzzle, a single piece does not reflect the entire picture and is meaningless without the pieces around it.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, July 21, 2016 12:54 PM
  • The above details does nto provide any help on that, 

MSI: Action 14:29:57: Rollback. Rolling back action: ccmsetup means setup was running but due to some dependent component which was failed to install, SCCM client was failed and rolled back. you would have to see whole log and see which step/component was failed to install. 

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:36 PM