Delay delivery RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    i'm trying to delay sending message. First time it sent after 2 minutes after delayed time. For second mail now i'm waiting 15 minutes and nothing. You can specify from when to not deliver, but then question is: until when ? 

Outlook and exchange is 2013, it's cached mode and always open.

• Edited by eXPlosion_ Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:44 AM
    • Moved by Edward van BiljonMVP Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:15 AM Moved to correct forum.
    • Moved by Niko.Cheng Friday, May 26, 2017 8:33 AM move to correct forum
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:44 AM

All replies

• Hi eXPlosion,

Based on my knowledge, when you schedule an email, outlook will initiate delivery of the message from the Outbox folder, as soon as the time you have set for delivery is reached.

If there are some other delay time, i surmise that outlook may be busy to process other things, or there are lots of messages in the exchange server queue waiting to be processed at the time of scheduled delivery. That may cause additional delay time. You can also consider using online mode and check if there is the same issue.

Moreover, as this is an outlook feature, I recommend you post this in Outlook forum also, they should have more professional knowledge on outlook and you may get an exact explain .

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:00 AM
  • Hm
    there is no queue in exchange, and mail is still delayed from yesterday.
    Maybe you can move conversation to other forum, so that it won't be a duplicate?
    • Edited by eXPlosion_ Thursday, May 25, 2017 12:19 PM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 12:19 PM
  • Hi eXPlosion,

I already move this thread to outlook forum, thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 26, 2017 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

How did you delay sending emails in Outlook? Did you do it via a delay delivery Inbox rule or via the "Do not deliver before" option under File > Info > Properties for each separate email message?

Basically, with the "Do not deliver before" option, we can specify a time on which Outlook will try to deliver the email.

When using the inbox rule to delay sending emails, we can specify how many minutes you want your emails to be delay delivered.

Using either way, Outlook will put the outgoing emails in the Outbox and the emails will go out when the set time is over. Please note that if you open the email from Outbox after sending it, it could cause the email become a draft and it will not go out. You may need to resend this email message in this case.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, May 31, 2017 9:51 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by eXPlosion_ Tuesday, June 6, 2017 1:55 PM
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:20 AM
  • I tried 1st option: Do not deliver before. I believe I have not opened email.
    Tuesday, June 6, 2017 1:55 PM