none
Runtime error on connecting server page (http://<servername>/connect)

Question

• Hy,

We got a new windows 10 workstation in our company.

Normaly i connect the machine by running http://<servername>/connect

But now when i do it i get a runtime error (see below)

Another vendor has made some changes in IIS (I put out a question last week) but i dont know if that has to do something with te problem.

So how do i repair the connector download?

<!-- Web.Config-configuratiebestand --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web> </configuration>

Monday, November 28, 2016 10:36 AM

All replies

• We should fire those vendors who make changes in the Default website of a Windows Server Essentials because they have no idea what they are doing. The default web should be left alone and not touched by your vendor. If they need another website just make one and use that.

You should ask the vendor to change what they have done because the problem you have now is most certainly related to changes made by that vendor.

Mariëtte Knap
    www.server-essentials.com | Linkedin | Twitter | Facebook | Migrations done the easy way

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, November 28, 2016 1:11 PM
  • True, but to get vendor repair everything is like waiting forever.

So how would you recomend connecting a win 10 (pro) machine to a win12r2essentials server without the connect webpage.

Monday, November 28, 2016 3:51 PM
  • Hi,

Please make sure that the Application Pools on IIS has correct settings, below is the screenshot of my working Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, just for your reference:

Besides, if you need any help regarding IIS, we can seek help in our IIS forum:

Internet Information Server (IIS)
    http://forums.iis.net/

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 08, 2016 11:16 AM
  • I've run into the same problem as GJD86. I had to reinstall Win10 Pro on a workstation. Upon attempting to run the connector install, I get the same runtime error. I have checked my IIS Application Pools and they are identical to yours. Any other thoughts or suggestions?
    Wednesday, November 29, 2017 3:36 PM
  • Can you post the exact error?

Mariëtte Knap
    www.server-essentials.com | Migrations done the easy way, migrate from SBS 2003, 2008 or 2011 to Windows Server 2016 and Office 365

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, December 06, 2017 10:36 AM