none
UNABLE TO OPEN AN HYPERLINK INSIDE OF A WEB PDF FILE OPENED INSIDE OF IE 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, We have gone to the website http://www.salonrenovationmaisonneuve.com/en/exposants

and download the file to open Inside of IE. Once the file is open, none of the links either e-mail or web site works. However, if we open the same file Inside of Google Chrome, the links work. So, we want to know if we are missing something in IE or a plugin. The PDF file opens with no problem but the links are not enabled. The file works in an Apple Machine and Google Chrome. However, if we download the file physically inside of the computer and then open the file with Adobe Reader, the links all work! Any ideas how to solve this issue? Thanks Miguel Moreno

Miguel A. Moreno Alfa Logos inc. Tel. 514-253-2548

Friday, January 16, 2015 10:30 PM

Answers

• Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default" (there's a setting for scripting of ActiveX controls)

Start>Adobe Reader>Edit Preferences>there are setting for how embedded links are handled.

Chromium uses its own pdf reader plugin.

Rob^_^

Sunday, January 18, 2015 11:34 PM

All replies

• Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Try using Protected Mode Off.  Then you will be at the same level of security that those other programs are running at.  You could also try elevating the iexplore.exe task.  That would turn off Protected Mode in that task automatically but then you would be running also with Administrator level authority which might be excessive.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, January 17, 2015 1:46 PM
    Answerer
  • Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default" (there's a setting for scripting of ActiveX controls)

Start>Adobe Reader>Edit Preferences>there are setting for how embedded links are handled.

Chromium uses its own pdf reader plugin.

Rob^_^

Sunday, January 18, 2015 11:34 PM
  • Hi Rob,

I have a .html link in my SSRS Report. When I Export it to pdf and it opens in IE, .html link does not work but If I open it in Chrome, It works.

I did above suggested settings and still it does not work.  

Thanks Shiven:) If Answer is Helpful, Please Vote

Monday, September 11, 2017 4:11 AM