none
Automate Gantt Chart Bar Format Project 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having some difficulty with gantt chart formatting. I'm color coding my gantt chart by resource group, such as Managers as red, labor as blue, etc. but would like to automate this. For example, if I entered a task, resource, and its resource group the gantt bar would automatically be the right color. I know how to change the formatting manually, but is there any way to set up my gantt chart so that it would happen automatically?

Monday, August 25, 2014 10:26 PM

All replies

• Nicole,

Keep in mind that Gantt bar are task bars not resource bars so this scheme will only work if only a single resource group is assigned to any given task.

In order to identify the type of Gantt formatting to apply, you will need to assign a flag field to each resource group (e.g. Flag1 for managers, Flag2 for labor, etc.). Once you have that set up, enter a "yes" in the appropriate flag field for each task. Then go to Format/Bar Styles group/Format/Bar Styles and create multiple "normal" Gantt Bar styles with the appropriate flag as part of the "show for..." criteria.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 1:12 AM