none
SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services - SharePoint Integration Mode RRS feed

• Question

• SharePoint has to be installed on the SQL server in order to get the dependencies for SharePoint integrated mode installed. Launch the SharePoint 2010 installation DVD and install just as on the WFE server and install the August CU
  • Run the SharePoint configuration wizard and choose to join the existing farm
  • On the WFE, activate the Report Server feature. Open Central Administration and click Site Actions > Site Settings
  • Click Site Collection Features
  • Next to Report Server Integration Feature, click Activate
  • On the SSRS server, browse to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer and edit rsreportserver.config
  • Search for rsWindowsNegotiate, if both that and rsWindowsNTLM are present, delete rsWindowsNegotiate
  • Reboot the SSRS server
  • To configure report integration, on the SSRS, open the Reporting Services Configuration Manager, connect to the report server, and click Web Service URL. Copy the URL from the URLS: section
  • Change the SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER) service to log in with  DOMAIN\account
  • In Central Administration, click General Application Settings > Reporting Services Integration
  • Paste in the report server web service URL, change Authentication Mode to Trusted Account, and use  DOMAIN\account for the Credentials
  • Return to General Application Settings, and in the Reporting Services section, click Add a Report Server to the Integration
  • Leave the defaults and click OK, an Enter Credentials pop-up will appear, use DOMAIN\account
I have set up a web application and site collection within SharePoint and have created a document library which contains the three content types for Reports.
I am able to create a a data source and report model. But when I try to load report builder 2.0 I am unable to connect the model from SharePoint build a report.
I get the following error: "Connection failed. Unable to connect to the server that is specifed in the URL, '[Server Url]'. Make sure that the server is running, the URL is correct, and you have permission to use the server."
I am running as the domain administrator and have access rights across servers. Please could you advise on how to progress this? I am struggling to get to the bottom of this.
Thanks in advance.
Vishal
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Vishal, do you see any detailed information within Application-/Systemlogs or within the SharePoint logs? (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS\) - Use SharePointLogViewer to do so (far more convenient). Without having any detailed error message I'd guess the following: You cannot open the Report when accessing a site with FQDN (f.e.: http://portal.intra.net) but you can open the Report when accessing the site using the servers hostname (f.E.: http://app01:1234). Just try it - if this is true you'll have to configure Kerberos Authentication - I guess your problem is that there is one authentication hop too much for NTLM. Let me know if you can confirm my guess - otherwhise give us some error logs to start some deep-diving. BR,J
    Monday, March 7, 2011 3:08 PM