Corrupt file RRS feed

• Question

• Okay <g class="gr_ gr_24 gr-alert gr_spell gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="24" id="24">so <g class="gr_ gr_26 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="26" id="26">i</g></g> had this document which I saved and was going to close but it suddenly stopped responding - so I force quit word. Then naturally the file reappeared due to auto recovery but then word crashed. I tried to look for the file but all <g class="gr_ gr_32 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="32" id="32">i</g> found was another file with the exact name and date it was created that is corrupt the size of the corrupt document is very small. Is this my document or is it completely gone? If it is how do recover it? I really <g class="gr_ gr_94 gr-alert gr_spell gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="94" id="94">dont</g> want to redo the whole thing. I already tried a few methods to fix the file but nothing seems to work. HELP!
    Friday, January 19, 2018 11:09 AM

All replies

• Okay so i had this document which I saved and was going to close but it suddenly stopped responding - so I force quit word. Then naturally the file reappeared due to auto recovery but then word crashed. I tried to look for the file but all i found was another file with the exact name and date it was created that is corrupt the size of the corrupt document is very small. Is this my document or is it completely gone? If it is how do recover it? I really dont want to redo the whole thing. I already tried a few methods to fix the file but nothing seems to work. HELP!

Hi Anastasigia,

Please go to File > Save, see if the checkbox of Keep the last AutoRecovered version if I close without saving is selected. If yes, please click the Browse button and check if you can find the document you are looking for from the AutoRecover file location:

Besides, it is also suggested to have a look at the following location and see if the document can be retrieved:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles

Hope this can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 22, 2018 5:34 AM