Windows 10 Mobile - VPN problems. RRS feed

• Question

• I've just upgraded to Win 10 Mobile on a Lumia 830. My existing VPN settings has forgotten its sign in info, and I can't remove the VPN configuration (migrated over from Win Phone 8.1) - the "remove" button is shaded out.

I've created a new template, which works and can remember the sign in info, but there no longer seems to be a method to automatically connect the VPN, if the phone tries to access certain sites/ip addresses.

How can I remove a pre-existing configuration when the "remove" button is shaded out?

How can I automatically connect to a VPN?

Also, the VPN app is very crashy, is this other people's experience?

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:41 PM

All replies

• I've just upgraded to Win 10 Mobile on a Lumia 830. My existing VPN settings has forgotten its sign in info, and I can't remove the VPN configuration (migrated over from Win Phone 8.1) - the "remove" button is shaded out.

How can I remove a pre-existing configuration when the "remove" button is shaded out?

I have the same issue - in that the 'remove' button is greyed out on an old VPN profile that existed on Windows 8.1 before upgrading to 10; only I can't add a new profile (which has the same settings as the previous one).

I also can't 'clear sign-in info' on the existing one. The button for that isn't greyed out and highlights as selected, but it doesn't do anything. Nothing changes and no error/info messages appear.

Any help appreciated!

Sorry - should point out this is on a Nokia 930. Before upgrading to 10 the VPN worked on 8.1, and now doesn't despite all settings being the same. Cannot clear sign-in info nor remove as described above.
    • Edited by Duncan-A Monday, November 28, 2016 10:03 AM
    Monday, November 28, 2016 10:01 AM
  • Recently upgraded to Windows 10 on a Lumia 830, same experiences as the previous gentlemen.

- I'm unable to clear / edit my initial VPN settings (from Windows 8.1) as the "remove"  option is greyed out but somehow the credentials still there and a connect possible.

- I'm able to create an alternative VPN login but curiously after several IP checks, I'm still getting my ISP IP address rather than the actual VPN server I'm connected to no matter which remote server is used.

- Oddly enough when connecting through my original (non-removable) VPN login, I do not see a padlock over the Wi-Fi indicator but somehow my connection is secured and IP address matching remote server.

- When activating Wi-Fi and automatically connecting to the localy available AP, I no longer get the same automation on the VPN side of things and a manual "connect" is required which isn't very practical. I did not experience this on Windows 8.1 originally.

- Have experienced on occasion a few crashes when using the VPN tab.

Reverting back to previous OS is not an option, what can be done about this please?

Saturday, December 10, 2016 6:09 PM
  • I have the same problem. I can't establish a VPN connection. 

Depending on the VPN provider I get error codes like 798, 734, 691.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:48 AM