how to restrict access to the site content and structure page RRS feed

• Question

• I have a members user group with contributor access to allow them to add, change, and delete site content, but I noticed this also gives them access to the "manage site content and structure" in the site actions. Is their away to restrict this menu option from the contributor permissions?  I don't want them to have access to changing the structure. 

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, April 15, 2011 5:06 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, April 15, 2011 4:39 PM

Answers

• From my understanding, just because they can see "Site content & structure" doesn't mean they will be able to change the site structure around.
    Kipp Sorensen
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, April 22, 2011 10:57 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hi TAM65,

If you enabled Browse Directories, uses will have the ability to edit site content, manage content and structure will also enable at the same time. And there are no individual settings for them. Please try to do some programming. You can try to create a custom Site Manager page, and check user’s permission in your custom application page.

Best regards,
    Emir

Monday, April 18, 2011 6:49 AM
  • From my understanding, just because they can see "Site content & structure" doesn't mean they will be able to change the site structure around.
    Kipp Sorensen
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, April 22, 2011 10:57 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:26 PM
  • Hi Kipp,

Yes, you're right. User with contribute permission can only use Site content and Struture but have no ability to change the structure. I missed this. Thanks for correcting me.

Best regards,
    Emir

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:26 AM
  • Thank you.  I check it out to ensure they cannot acctually change anything. 
    T.Miller
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:49 AM