Recycle bin is curropted in Windows XP RRS feed

• Question

• i have a client in one domain(for example. lnm.com) which i am migrated to abc.com domain.  Then i migrated the user profile also. After that i assign full control for C: and D: drive of abc.com domain user.

After that  when user is deleting his files does not showing in Recycle bin. If i am opening recycle bin its showing a message as The Recycle Bin on drive letter:\ is corrupt or invalid. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

i tried through the following links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297760  but that hotfix doesnt work because system already having SP3.

I tried with sfc /scannow. it doesnt work.  Can any pls help regarding this.

PC Os configuration is Windows XP professional Sp3.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:05 AM

Answers

• log in as an administrator and attempt to upen the recycle bin. Normally you should have the same prompt. Now if you "empty" the recycle bin, this should resolve the issue.

In case this doe snot resove the issue make Windows explorer showing hidden and system files .http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx after that delete the "recycler" folder on each harddrive. Then reboot and log on as an administrator. opening recycle bin or delting a file will initiate the creation of the folders.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP
    • Proposed as answer by Ed888 Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Devendra Kumar Singh Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:45 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:25 PM
  • Thanks.. its resolved and now working properly.

Search for Recycle bin hidden folder in all drives. its named as

Recycled -- Earlier then Windows XP OS

Recycler -- Windows XP and 2k3

Recycled.bin -- Windows Vista and 7 os

Delete all the content in these folders and chnage the recycle bin properties as--

Recycle bin --> Properties --> select Configure the Drives independently --> Apply and Ok.

Then rebooted once and ok.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:45 AM

All replies

• log in as an administrator and attempt to upen the recycle bin. Normally you should have the same prompt. Now if you "empty" the recycle bin, this should resolve the issue.

In case this doe snot resove the issue make Windows explorer showing hidden and system files .http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx after that delete the "recycler" folder on each harddrive. Then reboot and log on as an administrator. opening recycle bin or delting a file will initiate the creation of the folders.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP
    • Proposed as answer by Ed888 Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Devendra Kumar Singh Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:45 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:25 PM
  • Thanks.. its resolved and now working properly.

Search for Recycle bin hidden folder in all drives. its named as

Recycled -- Earlier then Windows XP OS

Recycler -- Windows XP and 2k3

Recycled.bin -- Windows Vista and 7 os

Delete all the content in these folders and chnage the recycle bin properties as--

Recycle bin --> Properties --> select Configure the Drives independently --> Apply and Ok.

Then rebooted once and ok.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:45 AM