none
Direct login for SharePoint online Team site from web application

Question

• Hi,

I have one MVC application. I want to Login into SharePoint online team site from the web application. Probably, stored the username and password in any settings. But i don't want to see the login page of SharePoint. When click the link for team site from web application it must go to home page of the particular team site. From the code behind it will automatically logged in. 

Could any please suggest the scenario for this case?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:15 AM

All replies

• It is probably going to be impractical, you'd need to use something like ADFS to federate the user identities. Attempting to store credentials in your MVC application and then authenticate with them is dangerous territory and re-inventing the wheel.
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:41 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for the update. If i have ADFS means, i can able to authenticate the SharePoint team site from MVC application. Can you please provide any sample for this scenario?

Thursday, October 20, 2016 8:42 AM
  • Hi,

We can use SharePointOnlineCredentials for authentication in client-side(C#).

The following article for your reference:

SharePoint Online: Authenticating .NET Client Object Model in Office 365

http://www.vrdmn.com/2013/01/authenticating-net-client-object-model.html

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, October 21, 2016 2:56 AM