none
Security Compliance Manager Install Issue RRS feed

• Question

• My issue stems from needing to set the MSS: settings under Group Policy Management for STIG compliance.

To do this a required install of the Security Compliance Manager is necessary. However upon downloading SCM 3.0 and 2.0 and attempting to install I am running into the issue where during the prerequisite checks it prompts a failure of Total Physical Memory.

More exact description of the error:

You are installing on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 with only 0 MB memory. Microsoft Security Compliance Manager requires at least 512MB of total physical memory.

The instance of windows I am attempting to install on is a new installation of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and is not running as a VM.

Any ideas as to what my issue is?

Thanks for your time.

Ross

Friday, February 6, 2015 5:27 PM

All replies

• Hello Ross,

Unfortunately I am receiving this same error. I have only started investigating the issue today and I'm quite puzzled.

I have Windows Server 2008 R2 with 48 GIG of RAM and I am receiving this error when trying to install.

I have installed the same version on Windows 7 with no issue.  Windows 7 only has  4 Gig of RAM.

Regards  

Monday, April 20, 2015 3:43 PM
  • I am having the same issue, symptoms, conditions.  Based on others successes, I am guessing something in the STIG lockdown is to blame.  Anyone reading this have any luck installing on a locked-down image?

Alternately, anyone have any idea as to what key might cause this?  Nothing jumped out at me when I looked over the permissions settings, nor does anything make sense in the Event logs.

Thanks!

-Mike

Monday, July 6, 2015 3:52 PM