none
How to consolidate status report in Project Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using on-premises Project Server 2013 and Project Web App for managing projects. I wanted to have a consolidated Status reports of all team members and of all projects.

Say for example 2 projects are handled by a single Project Manager:

Project 1 status Report --->  Member 1, Member 2, Member 3

Project 2 Status Report --->  Member 4, Member 5, Member 6

So here , Members send status report for Project 1 and Project 2 independently. As the manager is same for both these projects, then he will get 6 independent status reports, 3 in each of Requested Status Report for each Project. But he can view : consolidated Project 1 status report of Members 1,2 and 3 or

consolidated Project 2 status report of Members 4, 5 and 6.

But I found no option in Project Web App, which provides a consolidated Report viewing of both these Projects together by the manager ie.,

consolidated Project 1 and Project 2 reports by Members 1,2,3,4,5 and 6

1. So, Is there any way that I can club all these reports together into a single report, or into an excel sheet or to a sharepoint list 2. Or is there any way to view the consolidated Status Reports in a dashboard? Because I could not find any attributes related to Status Report in either Excel or in OLAP Cubes.

Waiting for replies, 

Shanky

Friday, November 28, 2014 7:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Shanky, 

I wouldn't think you would be able to use PowerShell as that is more concerned with administration.  However, you could probably use SQL to get at the data - the tables are defined in the SDK - http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30435 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

• Marked as answer by shankyshan Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:44 AM
    Monday, December 1, 2014 6:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Shankyshan,

Status reports are per project, and so you will require some manual work here.  From memory you can export reports to Word, so that might be your best option.

Friday, November 28, 2014 9:41 AM
  • Hi Ben,

Manual consolidation becomes tedious, as there exists lots of projects.  I found no option to export these reports into Excel as well, only Export to word is provided.

Is it possible for me to query the data of these Status Reports from the memory by using PowerShell ?

I checked for the data which could be queried from memory, but i was unable to find the status report data.

Can you please help me regarding this.

Thanks,

Shanky

Monday, December 1, 2014 5:15 AM
  • Hi Shanky, 

I wouldn't think you would be able to use PowerShell as that is more concerned with administration.  However, you could probably use SQL to get at the data - the tables are defined in the SDK - http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30435 

• Marked as answer by shankyshan Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:44 AM
    Monday, December 1, 2014 6:35 AM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks for the Input. I got the details from SQL DB as u mentioned. But that doesn't help my case as well.

So Its better to create a custom list for status report as needed. Thanks again :-)

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:44 AM
  • Hi Ben,

I am a newbie at EPM so probably a lame question.

How do I setup status reports at a project level? Currently the way I see it, I can request a status report at the PWA Site level.

Like you mentioned

"Say for example 2 projects are handled by a single Project Manager:

Project 1 status Report --->  Member 1, Member 2, Member 3

Project 2 Status Report --->  Member 4, Member 5, Member 6

So here , Members send status report for Project 1 and Project 2 independently. As the manager is same for both these projects, then he will get 6 independent status reports, 3 in each of Requested Status Report for each Project. But he can view : consolidated Project 1 status report of Members 1,2 and 3 or"

How do I setup status reports per project? Where it can be viewable under the project site or at the PWA level but distinguishable.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:14 PM
  • Status reports are per project, not per PWA site level. They are set up manually, the menu items for status reports should already be in the links menu (below Resources I think?)

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 4:50 PM