Can`t do my monthly back-up RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I try to do my monthly backup I get the following messages

Windows Backup found errors on the Media while saving a backup on it and cannot use it for additional backups.

Pleas write the following lable on a blank media and insert it into D:/

I did this and then it asks to be formatted,I say okay and I get the same message about the media errors and I put another blank disk in and get the same troubles again.I can not figure out what is wrong,what can I do to correct this and get a new backup?

I now get an error 0x81000019

I have tried different Types of DVD-R`s and it is nit the problem.I think shadow copy is not working

Paul Napolitano

<input id="7261e1b2-64cd-44c6-ab4a-e656457cd8d3_attachments" type="hidden" />

Paul Napolitano

Monday, September 3, 2012 7:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This error can occur when there is not enough space for the shadow copy creation.

If you have many Windows language packs installed on your computer, I would suggest you to uninstall all of the unused language packs.

You can do this by clicking Start, and then typing Lpksetup.exe in the Search box and then clicking Lpksetup.exe in the list of programs.

Once the Language Pack installer starts, click Uninstall display languages. Uninstall the languages that you do not use, and then restart your computer and restart the backup.

Meanwhile, you may try the steps which Betty provided and see how it works.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/ad27813d-516f-478f-9769-059aad42cbdc

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by PNapa21 Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:15 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by PNapa21 Sunday, September 16, 2012 1:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by PNapa21 Sunday, September 16, 2012 1:27 AM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 4:49 AM