none
OneDrive sync error "This library isn't available offline"

Question

• Hi,

i just installed Window Server 2016 Datacenter in a Azure VM and tried to hook up my OneDrive for Business account. But I hit the sync button it get the error "This library isn't available offline". When I install OneDrive app and go through the install process, then it as fails at the select OneDrive folder with "Please choose a different location". I have admin permission and can create folders in the default directory and I have tried to change it to other directories but get the same error.

I have read some of the other solutions from previous threads but none work. I have checked my OneDrive offline availability and is Yes. 

OneDrive works on all my other computes and devices. Does OneDrive work with Windows Server 2016 and Azure VM?

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:47 PM

All replies

• Hi JL8707, 

From the error message, This may results by that Offline Client Availability is set to No. Please check the following settings:

1.Navigate to site settings -> under search, search and offline availability -> check offline client availability to Yes.

2. Navigate to the library-> library settings -> advanced settings -> check offline client availability to Yes.

For more detailed information, refer to the following article:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/odfb/2015/09/16/we-couldnt-sync-this-library-this-library-isnt-available-offline/

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 6, 2017 2:55 AM
  • Hi Lisa,

Yes on my Office365 SharePoint I have checked that the offline client availability is set to Yes. I am still have the same problem. I have also just now installed OneDrive on Windows 10 and it seems to work. It is the Windows 2016 server and Azure that I'm having problems with.

Thursday, April 6, 2017 4:20 PM
  • Does OneDrive for business require the WebDAV (aka Client Tools) interface? Servers normally don't have the full range of UI bobbins that client servers do so you should expect some issues. OneDrive is meant to be a client application, not something run unattended on a server.

Thursday, April 6, 2017 6:11 PM
  • I have tried this on both OneDrive for Business and OneDrive (downloaded from website).

OneDrive for Business gives me "This library isn't available offline" after the sync button

OneDrive gives me "Please choose a different location" when ask to choose the folder location

Friday, April 7, 2017 5:45 AM
  • That wasn't my intended point. There are tools that aren't included on Server builds by default. These are called the 'Desktop Experience Feature'. Some client tools require this feature to run on a server.

Try installing it on a Windows 10 desktop in your Azure environment.

Saturday, April 8, 2017 8:25 PM
  • I'm using Window Server 2016 Datacenter which is the default version in Azure. It didn't give me an option to install with 'Desktop Experience Feature' when creating the VM and apparently you can't install it once the Server has been setup in 2016.

I'm using RDS session-based and none of the users can install OneDrive on their desktop 

Monday, April 10, 2017 10:48 PM
  • I'm pretty sure you can, I believe I did so a few weeks ago. It's a feature you add after the image is installed. In this context feature is a technical term. This is for 2008 R2 but the same holds true, mostly, for 2016.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd759187%28v=ws.11%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Have you tried on a Win 10 desktop? That would let you isolate the issue, it would either be a general failure with your one drive install or a specific issue with installing on a server.

Monday, April 10, 2017 11:02 PM