Qttask cahnged 212 entries in my startup files and now removed it but still programs are not working and dont know how to change back to defaults RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I actually dont know much about computers but I have a Windows Vista and a couple of days ago some of my startup programs stopped working and when I tried to send an error report it wouldn't let me.  So I thought something was wrong with the program so I uninstalled it and tried to install it again but when I was installing everytime another popup would come up saying that for some reason the program isnt working and need to shut down.  Then I looked at my history for my Norton Antivirus and it said that qttask.exe changed 212 startup properties and then looked this program up on the internet and it said that it causes startup problems with the computer and read that I should delete it by uninstalling so I did I completely uninstally quicktime player as well as Bonjour program by apple but the startup problems are still there and I am not sure what to do.  I am finiding new things that aren't working like I cant install programs anymore or send error reports and my dell dock isnt working and when I open up task manager and click services alot of the services are stopped but have no clue what should be stopped and what shouldnt or am I completely going the wrong way about it. Also when I try to start my live update it says access denied and on the servicese tab of task manager it say its stopped and I click to start it but pops up with access denied.  IS my computer hacked ? 

Please if you can help me to fix these problems or any advice would be appreciated
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:36 AM

All replies

• Hi, Don't worry you computer is not hacked, The norton has basically all the start up items in the computer, Try to put the computer back to normal statrup if that does not work try to do a system restore in the computer. Regards Venkat
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:25 PM