none
Unexpected error from external database driver (1)

Question

• "Unexpected error from external database driver (1)" this error coming for WIN10 os for new updates on 12th Oct 2017 while excel (.xls) import...

2 solution : 

1. Uninstall the updates on 12/10/2017 (DD/MM/YYYY)

2. Save as the .xls file to .xlsx...

It will solve the problem...

:)

Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:30 AM

All replies

• Have you figured out which of the KB's caused this?

I'm getting the same problems. Trying to find a needle in the haystack at this point.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:06 PM
  • Hi AnikonTheNet, 

That solved my issue.

Thanks.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:09 PM
  • The xlsx format works but xls cannot be used: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException (0x80004005): Unexpected error from external database driver (1). This happened after kb4041691 installed...
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:13 PM
  • I am running Win 7 Pro sp1.

The MS Seq update installed on 10-11-17 is KB4041681, I believe caused errors you mentioned on all my machines that got the update. My Access programs fail when writing to Excel files.

I've never uninstalled an update before and am not very knowledgeable on it so a little scared.

I changed the updates to download but to ask me when to install because this update caused havoc here and really can't wait a week for the fix.

If I say uninstall to KB4041681 on my computer, will it affect anything else. What I mean by that is when I did the uninstall of Win10 it caused some of my programs not to run, like msbackup. Is there anything else I would need to do?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:09 PM
  • I got the same kind of error. I am using JET Engine to connect .xls and ACE engine to connect .xlsx files. Yesterday(Oct 10, 2017) all of the sudden, my program can not connect .xls file (See below error details). If I uninstall Microsoft update, may be later it might install back again since there is always auto update on in all computers. Is there any other solution than uninstalling Microsoft update?

Also, I cannot convert file .xls file to .xlsx files since there will huge works only just converting before connect through program. Is there any better solution?

ERROR DETAIL

Unexpected error from external database driver (1).
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection)
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
       at MyFunction()
    Microsoft JET Database Engine

support and search

• Proposed as answer by joe3214 Friday, October 13, 2017 5:35 AM
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:30 PM
  • Hi, i am using IIS7 on window 2010 server.

i am having same error, by solution is build on VS 2010 (dotnet framework 4.0).

i do not want to un-install the  updates as it will re-installed again.

is there any other solution for this either changing in code or setting on window.

Thanks

Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:35 PM
  • For Windows 7 the two KB's that are causing this issue are KB4041681 and KB4041678. The two both affect the Microsoft JET DB Engine. Uninstalling both fixed the issue. The descriptions of both are listed below.

KB4041681 - support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041681

This security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of update KB4038803 (released September 19, 2017) and resolves the following issues:

• Addressed issue with docking and undocking Internet Explorer windows.
    • Addressed issue with form submissions in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue with URL encoding in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue that prevents an element from receiving focus in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue with the rendering of a graphics element in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue where USBHUB.SYS randomly causes memory corruption that results in random system crashes that are extremely difficult to diagnose.

• Security updates to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Windows Wireless Networking, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.

KB4041678 - support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041678

• Security updates to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Windows Wireless Networking, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.
    • Proposed as answer by BDK Support Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:47 PM
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:10 PM
  • I found the same on Windows 7. To fix, I had to uninstall KB4041681 and KB4041678.

On Windows 10, I had to uninstall KB4041676.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:16 PM
  • The same to me, i had to uninstall KB4041676 on Windows 10 and KB4041681 on Windows 7.

I use jet.OLEDB.4.0 on a ADODB.Connection to convert dbf file through odbc driver Micorsoft dBase Driver (*.dbf) to xls file (Excel 8.0).

Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:54 PM
  • Definitely this is the solution. Thank you so much...

I uninstalled : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041681/windows-7-update-kb4041681

• Edited by ibrahimates Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:45 PM
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:44 PM
  • Is there any way to know whether Microsoft intends to fix this, and if so when?
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:52 PM
  • Having the same problem here.  Had to delete the Security Update KB4041681 to restore functionality.  I also cannot convert file .xls file to .xlsx files as there are several thousand workbooks that would need to be converted.

I really think Microsoft needs to roll back the change. I don't like skipping Security updates on my boxes.  I am also concerned that it will be incorporated into future updates and other updates will need to be uninstalled.

BTW, the answer to not having the update re install is to "hide" it.  Just uncheck the update and then right click on it and select "Hide Update".  I tested and it doesn't appear to show up on the list again.  This could change however as some updates become mandatory and cannot be skipped or hidden.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:23 PM
  • The same to me, i had to uninstall KB4041676 on Windows 10 and KB4041681 on Windows 7.

I use jet.OLEDB.4.0 on a ADODB.Connection to convert dbf file through odbc driver Micorsoft dBase Driver (*.dbf) to xls file (Excel 8.0).

I am using the same to convert .dbf to .xls.

using Windows 10

However I can't get KB4041676 to uninstall. Keep getting an error that "Not all of the updates were successfully uninstalled."

Any suggestions?

• Edited by Larryk240 Friday, October 13, 2017 6:42 AM added Windows 10
    Friday, October 13, 2017 6:40 AM
  • Yep, I had to uninstall KB4041681 on several W7 64-bit workstations as it broke one of our financial applications and some of it's importing functionality. 
    • Edited by Alan Blitz Friday, October 13, 2017 2:52 PM
    Friday, October 13, 2017 2:52 PM
  • If you have Windows Auto Update ON, next day it will be the same issue since it will reinstall again later.

I just found temporary solution without uninstalling this update. In my case, I open the xls file and run the program which connects this xls file for the processing and it went well. Please open the file before processing xls or csv files. Your scenarios might be different but in my case it resolved. Again this is just the temporary solution. I still need to dig into this for permanent solution.

support and search

Friday, October 13, 2017 3:34 PM
  • I have the issue with a Domino application. I uninstalled and then hid the update for Server 2012. Still getting the error. Accounting Dept is trying to upload AmEx information via xls. I had already tried saving as a .xlsx but the program won't see that file type. At a loss, here!
    Friday, October 13, 2017 8:57 PM
  • how to uninstall updates on 12/10/2017.
    Saturday, October 14, 2017 6:04 AM
  • Thanks, I had deleted the Security Update KB4041681. Now, there is no error. 
    Saturday, October 14, 2017 7:32 AM
  • If you have Windows Auto Update ON, next day it will be the same issue since it will reinstall again later.

I just found temporary solution without uninstalling this update. In my case, I open the xls file and run the program which connects this xls file for the processing and it went well. Please open the file before processing xls or csv files. Your scenarios might be different but in my case it resolved. Again this is just the temporary solution. I still need to dig into this for permanent solution.

support and search

It will not reinstall if you hide it.  See my previous post.
    Sunday, October 15, 2017 10:52 PM

I am using the same to convert .dbf to .xls.

using Windows 10

However I can't get KB4041676 to uninstall. Keep getting an error that "Not all of the updates were successfully uninstalled."

Any suggestions?

Make sure you have no other pending updates.  If so, complete them first and then try rebooting and uninstalling again.

If still unsuccessful, you can download the standalone package here: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB4041676

You should be able to run the package from a cmd prompt with the "/uninstall" option.  If that still doesn't uninstall it, try running the package and then uninstalling via the control panel.  (In windows 10 you can just search for the Control Panel and you can launch it from the search results) 

Sunday, October 15, 2017 10:55 PM

• using Windows 10

Any suggestions?

Make sure you have no other pending updates.  If so, complete them first and then try rebooting and uninstalling again.

If still unsuccessful, you can download the standalone package here: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com

You should be able to run the package from a cmd prompt with the "/uninstall" option.  If that still doesn't uninstall it, try running the package and then uninstalling via the control panel.  (In windows 10 you can just search for the Control Panel and you can launch it from the search results) 

Still no luck. Now I get a component corrupt error when I try to uninstall with the Admin cmd prompt.

I have several Excel templates that I use to move data from Access to Excel. I converted the templates to .xlsx and 2 of 3 work OK. The 3rd scrambles my data, and I get a Cannot Expand Named Range error. Still working on it.

Ended up pointing to version (4.0.9801.0) of msexcl40.dll as described by Vetor and Mirzaee.

Was able to revert back to .xls. Perfect ! Thanks to all!

• Edited by Larryk240 Tuesday, October 17, 2017 4:13 AM
    Sunday, October 15, 2017 11:57 PM
  • I too had a similar issue importing XLS data into Access after Oct 11, 2017. Uninstalling the KB4041681 update seemed to fix that problem.   Thanks for the tip on hiding  the  update.

• Edited by Twdoherty Monday, October 16, 2017 1:15 PM correction
    Monday, October 16, 2017 6:52 AM
  • For the moment i changed my approach to the problem.

Since i need to convert dbf to xls, i read all the dbf content in a memory variable string:

-field by field with horizontal tab character (ASCII char 9) between each field

-record by record with carriage return character (ASCII char 13) between each record

Then put it in the Windows clipboard.

Then paste it in a selected cell of a ActiveSheet of a newly created Excel workbook through excel.application OLE client.

It's quick and safe for me, for the moment, until Microsoft fixes the problem, or someone else of course :).

Monday, October 16, 2017 8:27 AM
  • Hi Paul,

I had to delete this  KB4041681 and it worked perfectly fine. 

Monday, October 16, 2017 8:52 AM
  • Having the same issues here across Win 7 and Win 10. Rolling back the update across the entire office isn't really feasible at this time without major hassle. 

Any updates from MS about a potential fix?

Monday, October 16, 2017 10:42 AM
  • I resolved the issue on my end by changing the connection string replacing Jet Engine to ACE engine. I works on windows 7 and windows 10 OS.

Old Connection String

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\myfile.xls;
    Extended Properties
    ="Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;IMEX=1";

New Connection String

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=c:\myfile.xls;Extended Properties="Excel 8.0;HDR=YES";

After that I also installed AccessDatabaseEngine 2007 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23734 )

Hope this will help yours as well.

support and search

• Proposed as answer by Vtor Serg Monday, October 16, 2017 2:28 PM
    Monday, October 16, 2017 1:52 PM
  • Hi all. The problem is the same. Here I found useful information. Helped me. Rolled file on version, in my case: 4.0.9756.0

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/55b1d633-b715-491e-917e-b7cb01ae0523/error-in-windows-update-kb4041681-unexpected-error-from-external-database-driver-1?forum=sqldataaccess

As mentioned in forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=902557&tstart=0 and forum.kanors-emr.org/showthread.php?tid=571&pid=2652#pid2652, the KB4041681 installs version 4.0.9801.1 of msexcl40.dll.

1. Find prior version (4.0.9801.0) of msexcl40.dll

2. Place in another directory. They suggest the application directory, but since in the next step you will modify registry to point to this older version, it can probably go anywhere.

3. Update registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Excel\win32 to point to the location from step 2.

We have tested with Primavera 8.3.3 export to Excel function, and this solved the issue. As this is a third-party app we could not fix the app itself and needed this workaround.
    • Proposed as answer by etyler Wednesday, October 25, 2017 9:29 PM
    Monday, October 16, 2017 2:30 PM
  • Having the same problem on Win2008 R2 Std. server with ODBC for 32bit ( from SysWow64 folder)  error massage "ODBC Excel Driver Failed Unexpected error from external database driver"

Uninstalling the updates KB4041681 and KBKB4041678 solved the problem. ODBC working perfect now.

These 2 updates should be not approved on WSUS ( if your server/station is Domain member in your organization and your company having WSUS server) until Microsoft Solution.

Monday, October 16, 2017 2:52 PM
  •  

the below link will 100% solve this problem..i test it and it works perfectly

the person who send this solution is:fred.schulz who is user of this site also but system dont allow me to send his link

2. Place in another directory. They suggest the application directory, but since in the next step you will modify registry to point to this older version, it can probably go anywhere.

3. Update registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Excel\win32 to point to the location from step 2.

Monday, October 16, 2017 4:58 PM
  • Just tried replacing v4.0.9801.1 of msexcl40.dll with v4.0.9801.0 as suggested and it solved the problem after I closed/reopened my Access database.

One difference, for me the Win32 reg entry points to "C:\...\OFFICE11\msaexp30.dll" and another entry Win32Old points to "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msexcl40.dll".

I tried deleting Win32Old and pointing Win32 to my older msexcl40.dll but then as Access started, it came up trying to fix install problems. So I put Win32 back the way it was and pointed Win32Old to my older msexcl40.dll, and this worked fine.

Thanks heaps guys for solving the problem. I preferred this option over uninstalling KB4041681 Security Rollup.

• Edited by ddkesq Monday, October 16, 2017 8:35 PM
    Monday, October 16, 2017 8:32 PM
  • Hi 

The solution work for me.

I didn't need change extension .xls to .xlsx. 

Thanks 

Monday, October 16, 2017 10:40 PM
  •  

the below link will 100% solve this problem..i test it and it works perfectly

the person who send this solution is:fred.schulz who is user of this site also but system dont allow me to send his link

Thanks, this worked perfectly!

Visit my sites: http://www.umair.me AND http://www.microsoftarena.net

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:38 AM
  • I resolved the issue just replacing Jet Engine to ACE engine. I works on windows 7 .

Old Connection String

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\myfile.xls;
    Extended Properties
    ="Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;IMEX=1";

New Connection String

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=c:\myfile.xls;Extended Properties="Excel 8.0;HDR=YES";

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:06 PM
  • 1. how to uninstall the updates on 12/10/2017?

2. Can't work.  

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 1:34 PM
  • Where are you guys finding version 4.0.9801.0? None of the usual DLL download websites seem to have it.
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:22 PM
  • I got it from a disk image taken a couple of months ago. Have uploaded using Firefox's new Send facility,

https://send.firefox.com/download/768fcdba8a/#gT27gjugGpRFuoasan9RMQ

md5: 19966aba714d3169bcb1c5613ee843d7
    sha-1: 602cef7dda6730fa6c50d18390fed58268ea9992

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:59 PM
  • Sorry it says the link expired. If you could post it again you would be doing me a tremendous favor. Thank you!
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:25 AM
  • The official statement with the KBs that cause the problems is...

"Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release."

Wayne H

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:41 AM
  • IMT_KING. Any reason you dropped the IMEX=1?

Wayne H

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:44 AM
  •  

Thanks, this worked perfectly!

Visit my sites: http://www.umair.me AND http://www.microsoftarena.net

your welcome :)
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 7:29 AM
  • I also had the issue with update KB4041685 (not yet mentioned) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041685/windows-81-update-kb4041685

In the known issues it says: 

Installing this update may cause applications that are based on the Microsoft JET Database Engine (Microsoft Access 2007 and earlier versions or non-Microsoft applications) to fail when creating or opening Microsoft Excel .xls files. The error message is, “Unexpected error from external database driver (1). (Microsoft JET Database Engine)."

and the solution:

Download and install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable, and then change the DB connection strings in Microsoft Excel to use ACE as a provider. Example: Change Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 to Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0.
    That worked for me.  I didn't have to uninstall any updates.

• Edited by Magovannen Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:30 PM Solution worked
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:15 PM
  • Where are you guys finding version 4.0.9801.0? None of the usual DLL download websites seem to have it.

I am running Win 10, and found multiple instances of msexcl40.dll on my system. One of them was 4.0.9801.0

just copied it to a different location, the used the registry to point to it.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:44 PM
  • I found the same on Windows 7. To fix, I had to uninstall KB4041681 and KB4041678.

On Windows 10, I had to uninstall KB4041676.

I have several computers at work that I manage. Uninstalling KB4041676 fixed the computers running Windows 10 version 1703, which is great!

BUT... for a computer running Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators Update), KB4041676 is no longer displayed under "Installed Updates," therefore I can't uninstall that update. Perhaps it's rolled up in another update. I don't know what update to uninstall to fix the problem (if there is one). Now I regret installing the Fall Creators Update.

If anybody can find a solution for Windows 10 version 1709, please post the solution. 

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 4:35 PM
  • Did some research and found this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041693/windows-81-update-kb4041693

Download and install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable, and then modify the DB connection strings in Microsoft Excel to use ACE as a provider. Example: Change Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 to Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 4:59 PM
  • Can you upload it again please?
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 5:23 PM
  • thank you so much. this solved it for my ssis packages.
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:35 PM
  • Can you upload it again please?

Try this one

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajop4HCRJmopfLxSabA80N3QhGY

Friday, October 20, 2017 7:34 AM
  • Sorry it says the link expired. If you could post it again you would be doing me a tremendous favor. Thank you!

Try this one

Friday, October 20, 2017 7:34 AM
  • 1000 thank you
    Friday, October 20, 2017 12:05 PM

Try this one

You're a saint! Thank you!
    Friday, October 20, 2017 9:14 PM
  • Sorry, just a newbie and probably just a dumb question.

Did the MS Access install but my connection string does not have the same reference as is shown in the documentation.

This is what mine looks like in the connection property window in Excel 

DBQ=C:\BDR\33activity.xls;DefaultDir=C:\BDR;Driver={Driver do Microsoft Excel(*.xls)};DriverId=790;FIL=excel 8.0;MaxBufferSize=2048;MaxScanRows=8;PageTimeout=5;ReadOnly=1;SafeTransactions=0;Threads=3;UserCommitSync=Yes;

Using win 10 and Excel 2013

Linking to an XLS file.

Connection type is a database query

Sorry guys, just new at this and pulling my hair out.....

Thanks for any help....

Saturday, October 21, 2017 9:59 AM
  • it work for me

thanks

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 12:41 PM
  • Has Microsoft confirmed that the file msexcl40.dll doesn't contain the vulnerability? Also when you reverted this file does the update get re-dectected as needed?

Carl

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 1:49 PM
  • For Win Server 2012, It is KB4041679 and /Or Rollup KB4041690
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041690

For Win 7, It is KB4041678 and/or Roll up KB4041681
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041681
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:06 PM
  • We're using third-party software, so we can't modify the connection string.

Prior to the Fall feature update (Windows 10 Version 1709) using the prior version of msexcl40.dll worked fine to be able to import .xlsx files again (still can't import .xls), but after the Fall feature update I found it was sufficient to just install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable and reboot. No need to mess around with the .dll files or the registry editor.

Get the Windows 10 Fall Creators update here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

• Edited by Browly Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:17 PM Hidden characters appeared
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:17 PM
  • Seems to be best choice rather than rolling back an update.  Was easy to follow.  Nice job.  Worked with SQL server Import/Export utility after these steps.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 9:31 PM
  • Hey, thanks mate. Removing kb4041691 on win10 helped. Been beating my head around this for over a week now.
    Friday, October 27, 2017 2:19 PM
  • Changing the connection string in my dtsx package (as mentioned above) worked for me.

Friday, October 27, 2017 4:38 PM
  • This worked, thank you...
    Wednesday, November 01, 2017 11:46 AM
  • Hi
    Where exactly do you change the provider string?

I have been reading about this for days and we have several people with this issue which I have resolved by finding the older .0 MSEXCL40.DLL file and adjusting the registry for JET 4.0 Engine Excel to point to this .0 DDL file (and not the new .1 version).  It has solved the issue for every user but I would like to understand where to change the provider string for the JET to ACE change ... but I fear we do not use a suitable package?  Crystal Reports, Excel 2010 and 2013 and 2016 and some Excel Parser software in use, no SQL.

Any guidance on offer would be appreciated.

Friday, November 03, 2017 11:02 AM
  • This is caused by kb4041681 update.

On kb4041681 article page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041681/windows-7-update-kb4041681

We can read in Known issues in this update that:

Installing this update may cause applications based on the Microsoft JET Database Engine (Microsoft Access 2007 and older or non-Microsoft applications) to fail when creating or opening Microsoft Excel .xls files. The error message is, “Unexpected error from external database driver (1). (Microsoft JET Database Engine)".

And there is workaround and solution: 

This issue has been resolved in KB4052234. This solution will also be available in the November 14, 2017 release.

Note: HotFix KB4052234 was released just yesterday (2 Nov 2017)

Friday, November 03, 2017 3:19 PM

• And there is workaround and solution: 

This issue has been resolved in KB4052234. This solution will also be available in the November 14, 2017 release.

Note: HotFix KB4052234 was released just yesterday (2 Nov 2017)

KB4052234 doesn't exist anymore. Too many bugs.

https://askwoody.com/tag/kb-4052234/

Saturday, November 04, 2017 8:24 PM
  • I Changed my code to use openxml method instead of OLE DB to handle excel files. It solves the issue.
    Wednesday, November 08, 2017 3:11 PM
  • replacing the connection string to ACE provider as mentioned solved the issue. thank you.

Wednesday, November 08, 2017 10:17 PM
  • Hi, Where exactly do you change this string?
    Sunday, November 12, 2017 7:36 PM
  • Where is the string located?
    Monday, November 13, 2017 3:46 PM