none
Schedule does not save or publish form MS project RRS feed

  • Question

  • we have an issue that we are not able to Save or Publish a certian schedule, we can do so if we opened the schedule in web (Edit through web access)

    we can do as follow:

    1. open the schdule using MS project (it opens normally).
    2. do any changes on the schedule.
    3. if we clicked on "Save" or "Publish" nothing happends, and even no job related to this action inside the queue.

    we have tried the above steps for deferent PCs and using deferent admin account, and it is the same issue.


    Thanks & Regards Ahmed Amin



    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:50 AM

Answers

  •  

    To find Issue is related to corrupt Enterprise resource, you can select all project resource in Resource center and open it in MPP to edit and save it. If any of them are corrupted or have some NT Account issue, you will get error “An internal error occurred" in front of resource.

    Hope this will help you. 

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Raushan Kumar  | LinkedIn

    Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:09 PM

All replies

  • Ahmed --

    This issue sounds like the project is gotten corrupted.  To resolve the corruption, I recommend that you try using the Save for Sharing feature, which is the method that Microsoft recommends for fixing a corrupted project.  Refer to the following FAQ on how to use the Save For Sharing feature:

    http://www.projectserverhelp.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=197

    Hope this helps.


    <p>Dale A. Howard [MVP<span>]</span><br/> </p>

    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:31 PM
    Moderator
  • i tried the above solution, now it gives an error message as below:

    Project Server was unable to find the specified resource.

    if the problem continues, contact your server administrator

    any idea how to solve this error.


    Thanks & Regards Ahmed Amin

    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:21 PM
  • Ahmed --

    This might indicate corruption at the task assignment level for the resource in question.  Does this resource actually exist in the project?  Does the resource exist as an enterprise resource in Project Server?  If so, you might try removing the resource from tasks, one at a time, and assigning them back to the tasks, and then saving.  That might help you to determine which assignments are corrupted.

    This would be a potential solution, but I would welcome others in this forum to jump in with their own ideas well.  Hope this helps.


    <p>Dale A. Howard [MVP<span>]</span><br/> </p>

    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:28 PM
    Moderator
  • I've seen this a couple of times.  The issue is usually in the resource pool, i.e. there's some resource causing a conflict with an enterprise resource.  Maybe it has the same name....or a different name and the same NT account.  I can't recall the exact issue, but looking through the resources for anything suspicious - and cleaning out any unassigned resources - resolved it.

    To test if this is the case, delete all the resources and hit save....

    It is a bug, but I've never been able to repro it (on purpose).


    Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

    Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:59 AM
    Moderator
  •  

    To find Issue is related to corrupt Enterprise resource, you can select all project resource in Resource center and open it in MPP to edit and save it. If any of them are corrupted or have some NT Account issue, you will get error “An internal error occurred" in front of resource.

    Hope this will help you. 

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Raushan Kumar  | LinkedIn

    Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:09 PM
  • Raushan_kumar --

    Thanks for sharing this excellent idea.  I hope your idea helps the user to solve the problem with the corrupted resource.


    <p>Dale A. Howard [MVP<span>]</span><br/> </p>

    Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:10 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks Raushan,

    I followed your advice, i opend the schedule and instered "Windows NT Account" column inside resource sheet, i have found Inactive resource with not NT account, i have corrected this resource and it solved the schedule issue.

    Thanks again to all of you.


    Thanks & Regards Ahmed Amin

    Friday, July 26, 2013 8:09 PM