none
Task leveling in 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im using Project 2016 (office365).

I have an task with 1500hours

I have several resources for this task who can work together on this task on the same time.

Does project have an automatic feature, when there are more resources attached to the task, the task end time will be shorter.

For example

Task 1 40hrs / 5days

With 1 resource (Fulltime) its 5 days

With 2 resources (fulltime) its 2,5 days

Monday, January 16, 2017 12:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Dave,

You have the option called "effort driven" that you can use if you split your screen and use the task form.

If I take your example, you create a 5-d task with a fulltime resource, the task will last 5 days. If you check the box "effort driven", when you add a resource, Project will keep the work constant and spread it equally between the resources, meaning that the 5 days of working will be shared between the 2 resources. Consequently the task will last 2.5 days with 5 days of work.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by Dave Hofmans Monday, January 16, 2017 1:29 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2017 1:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

You have the option called "effort driven" that you can use if you split your screen and use the task form.

If I take your example, you create a 5-d task with a fulltime resource, the task will last 5 days. If you check the box "effort driven", when you add a resource, Project will keep the work constant and spread it equally between the resources, meaning that the 5 days of working will be shared between the 2 resources. Consequently the task will last 2.5 days with 5 days of work.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Dave Hofmans Monday, January 16, 2017 1:29 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2017 1:14 PM
  • Thanks, I used it, but it doesnt work.

After deleting resources and adding them again it works. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsiBrqu7Gtk

Monday, January 16, 2017 1:30 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Yes, the parameter is triggered only when adding a 2nd (or 3rd...) resource. Meaning that if the resources are already assigned to the task and you then set the task to "effort driven", it will do nothing.

Hope this helps,

Monday, January 16, 2017 2:52 PM