none
Problem with ODBC Source

Question

• Hello,

I have the ODBC connection. When i try 'Test connection', it performs well. When i select any SQL command at ODBC Source, it performs well. But i have a problem with selecting any table at ODBC Source/ ODBC Destination. When i try to select 'Name of the table or the view' at ODBC Source Window, error raises:

Error at Data Flow Task [ODBC Source [1]]: Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) error occurred. Failed binding table schema.
    (Microsoft Visual Studio). Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. (Attunity.SSIS.Odbc.Design)

Details:

at Attunity.IntegrationServices.DataFlowUI.ODBCUI.IAttunityConnectionODBC.SchemaGetTables(String[]& ppbstrTables, Int32 maxTablesNum, Int32& tablesFetched, String mask)
       at Attunity.IntegrationServices.DataFlowUI.ODBCSrcUI.connectionPage_GetLoadTables(Object sender, LoadTablesEventArgs args)

Could you help me with this problem?

SQLServer: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 with SP1

Best Regards,

Bakanchev Nikita

• Edited by BakanchevN Friday, July 04, 2014 1:40 PM
    Friday, July 04, 2014 1:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Nikita,

Most likely this error is due to the lack of schema interrogation permission on the Oracle side. In other words, the account used to connect to the source has no access rights to the table.

Arthur My Blog

Friday, July 04, 2014 6:03 PM
  • Hi Nikita did you find the solution for this, please i am struck with same, i do have alla the access and i was able to run the query in sqldeveloper 

i get same as above 

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.Wrapper.CManagedComponentWrapperClass'
     to interface type 'Attunity.IntegrationServices.DataFlowUI.ODBCUI.IAttunityConnectionODBC'. 
     This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{56CE493E-D855-4BF3-9E13-F807CD43C704}' 
     failed due to the following error: Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002802B (TYPE_E_ELEMENTNOTFOUND)). (Microsoft Visual Studio)

------------------------------
    Program Location:

at Attunity.IntegrationServices.DataFlowUI.ODBCSrcUI.connectionPage_GetPreviewResult(Object sender, PreviewResultEventArgs args)

Thursday, November 02, 2017 3:04 PM