IP Address conflict in Windows 7 RC.. RRS feed

• Question

• Where do i refresh ip address in windows 7 rc if i have conflict? two computers use the same ip address, i have used repair button in windows XP, i use two routers one to connect with internet and one for wireless net in my home, both router are connected with internet. 
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to provide you the following methods to fix this issue.

Method 1: Reset router.

Method 2: Run the following command with elevated privilege to reset Internet Protocol:

NETSH  INT  IP  RESET

Method 3: According to the router’s IP address, you may also assign the static IP address to your computers.

Assign a Static IP Address

=================

Before we go further, I would like to let you know some general router IP address, In most cases, the router address is “192.168.1.1”, “192.168.0.1” or “192.168.18.1”. If we know the IP address of the router, let’s perform the following steps.

1. Click "Start", input "NCPA.CPL" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

2. Right click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click "Properties".

3. Click “Continue” button to verify the administrator permission.

4. Click to select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)", and then click "Properties".

5. Select “use the following IP address”.

Manually set “IP address” (for example: if your router IP address is 192.168.1.1, we can type the IP address as 192.168.1.22, if the router IP address is 192.168.0.1, we should type in 192.168.0.22)

Manually set “Subnet mask” as 255.255.255.0 (Note: we can use this address as the default subnet mask)

Manually set “Default gateway” (Note: Default gateway is the IP address of your router)

Manually set “preferred DNS server” (Note: Preferred DNS server also is the address of your router)

6. Click “OK”.

Good luck!

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:12 AM