none
Issue with MS Project Professional 2013 Syncing with MS Office 365 SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• I have a MS Project Professional 2013 installed on my laptop which runs Windows 7. I had Office 2010 installed on the laptop when I added Project and all worked fine together. I now am doing work for a client who uses Office 365 2016 and SharePoint to house their project files. I have been given a company email address to sign in to Office 365. When I access a project file and bring it up in Project 2013, the project file displays fine. However, if I make changes to the file and press "Save" where it is supposed to save the file and then sync it, I receive an error message saying that I should 1) check to make sure SharePoint is not read only, 2) check to make sure I have sufficient permissions and 3) make sure the task list is still available and its name has not changed.

I have spent hours/days trying to troubleshoot this. The company has checked my permissions and no issues. I have removed Office 2010 and same problem - I thought there may be some sort of compatibility issue. I have had tech people look at this and they cannot resolve it. I have uninstalled, downloaded and reinstalled the Project software and no change. I have made sure it is up to date. Microsoft won't support, so I am at a loss for what may be wrong. (Oh, and all of the other contractors do not have this issue with the same site and software.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

DV

Saturday, January 27, 2018 1:42 AM

All replies

• I have exact same issue. The sync actually worked once, but then I decided to change the task list name and since then it does not work. Keep in mind that I eventually started all over and get the same error. I created a new task list, and a new project; put 1 task in the project file and ran the sync. It actually puts the task in the task list on SharePoint but will not save the project to the Site asset folder. I even tried uploading the project file to the site asset folder and then opening the file from there and then doing the sync, and I get the same error. "cannot save the file?. I am an administrator of the site, so there is no permission issue.
    Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:15 PM
  • The pace of changes in the O365 and SharePoint are so fast it just seems inevitable that older versions of software will just stop working with it.  You may spend countless hours trying to fix this issue but the truth is you should just find a way to upgrade to the latest version of software.  I don't know what version of Office 2010 you have but support is ending for different versions of Office 2010 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3088463/mainstream-support-ends-for-office-professional-plus-2010-for-office-3.  

JH Blake

Thursday, February 1, 2018 1:00 AM