SSP service request offering permissions? RRS feed

• Question

• I have followed everything in Duncan's blog http://blog.concurrency.com/infrastructure/scsmportalpermisions/ for service offerings but I still seem to not have permissions to submit a service offering as an end user.  The generic incident works just fine but the service offerings which are service requests do not.  Do I need to create another role that is not based off of the End User but something else for this to work?
    Friday, July 20, 2012 6:12 PM

Answers

• If Domain users or authenticated users are not added to the SharePoint portal they will not be able to get to the SharePoint SSP site period.  They will just get an access denied error.  To resolve my problem I created two new Catalog groups.  One for Service offerings and one for request offerings.  I then set the membership criteria to be dynamic and to include all published offerings for both.  I then created a new role based off the end user role and assigned the two new catalog groups along with the Generic Incident Request Catalog Items Group.  I added Domain users and Authenticated Users to this role.  The SSP works fine now.  

The moral to the story is that you must create new Catalog Groups for any service/request offerings that you create.  You must also create a new end user role fore those Catalog Groups and give Domain Users or authenticated users permissions to this role.  Using the Generic Incident Request Catalog Items Group and the out of the box End User Role will not give your users the correct permissions.

• Marked as answer by Misha Rudiy Monday, July 23, 2012 3:20 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 3:20 PM

All replies

• Have you rebooted the server? I know this sounds funny but I've seen a few instances of permissions not applying without SCSM being rebooted.

----------------------------------------------------------- Simon Stearn Militant South - Agile Architecture

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:33 AM
  • End users should be just fine, also remember to check your actual SharePoint Permissions as well.

Just ran into a similar issue.

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:35 AM
  • I don't think he would get as far as the generic IR without correct SharePoint permissions no?

Simon Stearn - Militant South - Agile Architecture

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:37 AM
  • I had an issue that the generic request would show, however you could not submit it.

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:56 AM
  • If Domain users or authenticated users are not added to the SharePoint portal they will not be able to get to the SharePoint SSP site period.  They will just get an access denied error.  To resolve my problem I created two new Catalog groups.  One for Service offerings and one for request offerings.  I then set the membership criteria to be dynamic and to include all published offerings for both.  I then created a new role based off the end user role and assigned the two new catalog groups along with the Generic Incident Request Catalog Items Group.  I added Domain users and Authenticated Users to this role.  The SSP works fine now.  

The moral to the story is that you must create new Catalog Groups for any service/request offerings that you create.  You must also create a new end user role fore those Catalog Groups and give Domain Users or authenticated users permissions to this role.  Using the Generic Incident Request Catalog Items Group and the out of the box End User Role will not give your users the correct permissions.

• Marked as answer by Misha Rudiy Monday, July 23, 2012 3:20 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 3:20 PM