none
Decommision DPM drives question RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have an HP DL380 server with 3 MSA 60's attached.  The 3 MSA's server as my DPM storage.  I plan to remove at least 2 maybe all 3 MSA's from the server and attach to a NEW dpm server.  I plan to attach an IBM SAN via iSCSI to the existing dpm server.  When I add the IBM SAN as storage, how can I migrate the data on the MSA's onto the IBM SAN?  I would like to remove the MSA's from the DPM storage pool, and keep any existing backup data and migrate that to the IBM SAN. 

Can this be done?

Thanks for the help.

Zach

Zach Smith
    • Moved by Praveen D [MSFT] Saturday, September 4, 2010 5:49 AM Moving to DPM Storage Forum (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Friday, September 3, 2010 6:43 PM

Answers

• Yes this can be done please follow the steps/guidelines available at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd282970.aspx. Once you migrate the storage you may not be able to remove the MSA's immediately. You need to keep them until all the recovery points expire from those disks. But as soon as you migrate the disks, the newwer disks will be used to create newer recovery points.
    Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, September 4, 2010 5:49 AM