none
How to Sync Planner and Project Tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I user Project Professional and Planner.

I've seen a lot of videos online that show users syncing Project tasks to their Planner tasks, and when a change is made to a task in one platform, it syncs to the other.  The issue I keep finding is that these videos don't explain how to <g class="gr_ gr_180 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="180" id="180">setup</g> the sync. I know how to link a Plan inside Project, but I can't figure out if there is a way to make the dates and progress update. 

Does anyone know?

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:19 PM

All replies

• kb2144a,

You might find the following post helpful, it was posted just a couple days ago in this forum.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2df39b1f-b7d1-4d96-bc32-36b717166ee4/linking-project-to-planner?forum=projectprofessional2010general

John

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:52 PM
  • kb2144a --

The link between Project and Planner is simply a navigation link between a task and an associated Planner plan.  There is no synchronization of progress between the task and the Planner plan.  So the answer to your question is no, there is no way to make the dates and progress update between the two.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:06 PM
  • Thanks John,

So this will link the Plan to the Project, but it's more like a shortcut to the <g class="gr_ gr_165 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="165" id="165">Plan,</g> and doesn't actually change the tasks (unless I'm misunderstanding).  Do you know if there is a way to actually change/update tasks?

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:07 PM
  • kb2144a,

I think Dale answered the question so he gets the credit.

John

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:55 PM
  • You need a 3rd party soln such as https://us.wicresoft.com/projectconnect/ 

There was also a soln from Solvin but they pulled it!

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:43 PM