none
Error when querying -class MSReportServer_ConfigurationSetting RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I said I'll give it a try :)

When I run the following query on Powershell:

Get-WmiObject -class MSReportServer_ConfigurationSetting -namespace $rs_namespace   -computername vm-srv-04 -credential TheDomain\sqlsrvinventoryusr

I get the following error:

Get-WmiObject :
    At line:1 char:14
    + Get-WmiObject <<<<  -class MSReportServer_ConfigurationSetting -namespace $rs_namespace   -computername vm-srv-04 -credential The\sqlsrvinventoryusr
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-WmiObject], COMException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetWMICOMException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetWmiObjectCommand

But if I run the same query with administrator user credentials it works fine and I get the desired result.

Note that the following is the rights I gave all domain users on the ReportServer service:

sc sdset reportserver D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SO)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;DU)(A;;CCLCRPRC;;;AU)S:AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)(AU;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;DU)

I think with this the domain users should have full rights on the ReportServer service .. I'm new to this; thus I'm not sure if it's even correct

Please help :)

Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Butmah,

by default, WMI is configured to allow remote access to admins only (as in: You need local admin permissions on the system you try to access). If you want to change that, you probably need to change WMI permission levels (unfortunately, I can't reliably help you on how to do that, I'm sure someone else here can though).

Cheers,
    Fred

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Butmah,

by default, WMI is configured to allow remote access to admins only (as in: You need local admin permissions on the system you try to access). If you want to change that, you probably need to change WMI permission levels (unfortunately, I can't reliably help you on how to do that, I'm sure someone else here can though).

Cheers,
    Fred

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:41 PM
  • You have to make changes to WMI, DCOM and the Service Manager. I do not recommend this.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, January 30, 2015 5:30 PM