blue screen visual c++ runtime library error RRS feed

• Question

• computer will not boot past the logon page. Error message Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.  Runtime error. ProgramC\Windows/system32\LogonUI.exe. I cannot do any of the suggestions on other posts as I just have blue screen and error message. I am running win 10, upgraded from win 8. 

I gave up and bought new after getting nowhere with reboot, my laptop was just too old for windows 10.

• Edited by karenm321 Tuesday, December 15, 2015 6:54 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 6:20 PM

Answers

• Hi karenm321,

When did the issue start to occur? Have you made any modifications to the machine before?

Please restart the machine and keep pressing "Shift" to boot into Windows Recovery mode to have a fix.
    Troubleshoot \Advanced\choose command mode
    Run "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" to check the health of system files.
    If the issue persists and the issue occurred recently, we could perform a system restore to recover the machine to a previous normal point.
    We also could try to boo into safe mode to have a troubleshoot. Troubleshoot \Advanced\Startup option\Safe mode

If the issue persists, we could try to perform an in-place upgrade repair with a Windows 10 installation media.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:09 AM

All replies

• Well not sure how long it has been since you upgraded from 8 and if it has been working ok, but to get the PC to Automatic Repair screen and some options we need to interrupt the early start-up twice, the third time it will load into a Automatic Repair screen.

So when it first starts when the rotating balls start hold the power button in for 5 to 10 seconds until it powers off. Repeat that so when it first starts to start hold the power button in until it powers off. Third time let it boot. It should got to an Automatic Repair screen. Thinking you may have some restore points from before this started.

Automatic Repair screen. Choose Advanced options, Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore. Pick a restore point from before when the issue started and restore to that.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 8:48 PM
  • Hi karenm321,

When did the issue start to occur? Have you made any modifications to the machine before?

Please restart the machine and keep pressing "Shift" to boot into Windows Recovery mode to have a fix.
    Troubleshoot \Advanced\choose command mode
    Run "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" to check the health of system files.
    If the issue persists and the issue occurred recently, we could perform a system restore to recover the machine to a previous normal point.
    We also could try to boo into safe mode to have a troubleshoot. Troubleshoot \Advanced\Startup option\Safe mode

If the issue persists, we could try to perform an in-place upgrade repair with a Windows 10 installation media.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:09 AM