Publishing URL not getting updated RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have installed APP-V 5.0 SP1 server components in my lab environment.following is the infra:-

=====================================================================

- Management Server (Port81) + Reporting Server (Port83) + Publishing Server (Port82) = Windows Server 2012 R2

- Management DB + Reporting Database = Windows Server 2012 R2 + SQL Server 2012 SP1

- APP-V Client 5.0 SP1/SP2 : Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
    =====================================================================

The installation went fine and I can access the Management console and have added few applications. But those are not getting updated tot he Publishing Server XML and still if  I am accessing the publishing URL (Http://APP-VSERVER:82) I am receiving the default configuration XML without any update.

- <Publishing Protocol="1.0">
      <Packages />

</Publishing>

I can see the Management Database get updated if we add any application or package to the management server.

I am repeatedly receiving one error in event viewer:-

Event ID - 215
    Message - 
    The request URL doesn't contain the query string for the client OS.

Event ID - 214
    Message - 
    The request URL doesn't contain the query string for the client version.

Somewhere I have read that APP-V 5.0 SP2 is only supported on Windows Server 2012 R2. But there is not any SP2 version for Server components of APP-V 5.0. I have done APP_V 5.0 SP1 Servers on Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012 (Without any service packs) for half a dozen of times without any issues.

Does APP-V 5.0 SP1 supports SQL 2012 with Service pack 1 (SQL2012 SP1)? Because in the pre-req docs the version of SQL 2012 mentioned is without SP1. ( App-V 5.0 Supported Configurations ) 

Gaurav Ranjan

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Rorymon,

Yes I have gone through that thread also but none of the solution worked.

My first level of troubleshooting is Does APP-V 5.0 SP1 supports SQL 2012 with Service pack 1 (SQL2012 SP1)

Gaurav Ranjan

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:34 AM
  • Hello,

Are there any errors that would indicate that the synchronization by the Publishing server fails?

Have you assigned the applications to any AD-group that you are a member of, that would actually allow you to see any applications?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, January 22, 2015 12:25 PM
  • I have mentioned the errors with the Event ID in my starting post. Those are the errors I am receiving in the event viewer.

Event ID - 215
    Message - 
    The request URL doesn't contain the query string for the client OS.

Event ID - 214
    Message - 
    The request URL doesn't contain the query string for the client version.

Still it is not clearer to me that whether APP-V 5.0 SP1 supports SQL 2012 with Service pack 1 (SQL2012 SP1)

Yes I am the member of the group to which the application is published.

Gaurav Ranjan

Friday, January 23, 2015 4:10 AM
  • Hello,

As far as I know those errors are not errors per say. You will most likely see them in a healthy environment.

If you are so worried about the SQL-version, why not install it onto a version which is documented to be supported and attempt to repro the issue?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, January 23, 2015 4:39 PM
  • What output do you get when you open powershell on the Windows 7/8 client and type the following commands: 

Import-Module appvclient

Get-AppvPublishingServer

Can you post the output here, might be usefull information. 

This way we can check what config the client gets for the publishing server.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 10:11 PM
  • There is a hotfix that is needed to be installed on the APP_V 5.0 publishing server to support Windows 8.1. Click on the below hyper-link for more details.

I apologize for not responding to the thread when I got the solution.

Hotfix Package 2 for Microsoft Application Virtualization 5.0 Service Pack 1

Regards, "Gaurav Ranjan" =========== NOTE: Mark as Answer and Vote as Helpful if it helps =======

• Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, March 14, 2015 9:11 AM
    Friday, March 13, 2015 11:53 AM