none
MDT 2013 deployment failure 5624

Question

• HI All

Have built a new MDT 2013 server upon a windows 2012 box, currently getting the following error when deploying Windows 7 image only all Win 8.1 and 10 images deploy fine. Can any one help with ?

FAILURE (5624): 1392 Run DISM: /Apply-

Image /ImageFile:\\HUYTONSC\DeploymentShare$|Operating Systems\Win 7 x32 Sp1 July 2015\Win 7 x32 Sp1 July 2015.wim index:1 /ApplyDir.F:
    Litetouch Deployment Failed, Return Code -2147467259 0x800004005

Have tested the same images on a MDT 2010 server running Server 2k8 and also in a lab setup before hand and they all performed as expected and deployed fine.

Applied the MDT 2013 update 2 hoping that would resolve but it didnt, have also deleted and re added the images they work for 1 deployment and then fail there after

Banging my head on the table right now

Cheers

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:28 AM

All replies

• Can you post a log that passes and another that fails to OneDrive or something similar. See my signature for details.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 4:43 PM
  • Is that pipe "|" a typo, because it wouldn't be a valid path to the WIM file.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 4:56 PM
  • I received a similar error shown below after updating to MDT 2013 Update 2 on a linked deployment share with a Windows 7 Pro x64 image. In order to resolve the problem I had to re-import my WIM file, resync the linked deployment share.  Hope it helps.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:37 PM
  • Hi,

I would agree with the previous comment above, when I went from MDT 2013 Update 1 to the re-release of said version, I had to do a similar thing. It is quite important that you update your deployment share and reimport you boot images into wds if that is what you are using. I don't think MDT explicitly forces the share to be updated after the share has been upgraded with new scripts.

You may also be inadvertantly using the incorrect boot wims, or ones that do not reflect the new upgraded changes. Basically update reimport pretty much everything. I also had an issue with some of my task sequences when I went to 2013 U 1 RR, I did not specify a password on the task sequences as a post install task takes care of the admin account and password. Unfortunately if using the unattend file to do copy profile etc, it didn't like a null password for the admin account. Cannot remember what the end result was apart from having to rebuild my deployment task sequences.

Ewen. 

Saturday, January 30, 2016 12:02 AM
  • This might sound strange, BUT the problem stems from NOT naming the WIM file properly.  Most Microsoft Deployment Tools prefer you to use this syntax:  Install.WIM.  Your wim has a very long unconventional name.  Try it and see what happens.
    Wednesday, August 8, 2018 5:41 PM