locked
Project Server 2007 Trial Period Expired RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    We have Project Server 2007 installed for sometime already (2years+) and suddenly I cannot access the PWA homepage. It will tell me that Trial Period Expired. I'm stumped with this error because I remembered during the installation of the application, I keyed in our product key. So I went to the Central Administration > Operations > Upgrade and Migration > Convert License Type and I can see that the current license says Project Server 2007 and I cannot find anything that says trial. I tried to key in again our product key but the Enter the Product Key textbox is greyed out.

    I have read some of the suggestions that other users did to resolve the issue but no luck. I also restart IIS and it did not help.

    BTW, accessing the project workspaces don't have issues. Only accessing PWA is having some problems.

    Hoping for any help to resolve this.

    thanks in advance,

    Noynoy

    Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:44 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi there,

    Have you tried running the SharePoint Config wizard again?

    Thanks

    Paul


    Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 6:22 PM
  • Hi Paul,

     

    Thanks for the reply. I tried using the Sharepoint Config Wizard but I encountered some errors in the upgrade:

    [SPWebTemplateSequence] [ERROR] [1/15/2012 8:03:11 PM]: Template PWS#0: SPSite Id=0f6430cd-f312-4256-951a-9467a51d9a39 could not be accessed due to exception. Skipping this SPSite for template upgrade.  Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The site with the id 0f6430cd-f312-4256-951a-9467a51d9a39 could not be found.

     

    [SPWebTemplateSequence] [ERROR] [1/15/2012 8:03:11 PM]: Template PWS#0: SPSite Id=0f6430cd-f312-4256-951a-9467a51d9a39 could not be accessed due to exception. Skipping this SPSite for template upgrade.  Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The site with the id 0f6430cd-f312-4256-951a-9467a51d9a39 could not be found.

     

    [SPWebTemplateSequence] [ERROR] [1/15/2012 8:03:11 PM]: Template PWS#0: SPSite Id=0f6430cd-f312-4256-951a-9467a51d9a39 could not be accessed due to exception. Skipping SPWeb Id=25d72b28-056b-4fe9-82d9-9a06d0e994a6 for template upgrade. Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The site with the id 0f6430cd-f312-4256-951a-9467a51d9a39 could not be found.

     

    [SPWebTemplateSequence] [ERROR] [1/15/2012 8:03:12 PM]: Template STS#0: SPSite Id=21284d75-11dd-4e02-b796-1d83f48d5c1c could not be accessed due to exception. Skipping this SPSite for template upgrade.  Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The site with the id 21284d75-11dd-4e02-b796-1d83f48d5c1c could not be found.

     

    [SPWebTemplateSequence] [ERROR] [1/15/2012 8:03:12 PM]: Template STS#0: SPSite Id=b72ced43-64af-4a8e-ab0c-61fe69d5de92 could not be accessed due to exception. Skipping this SPSite for template upgrade.  Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The site with the id b72ced43-64af-4a8e-ab0c-61fe69d5de92 could not be found.

     

    [SPWebTemplateSequence] [ERROR] [1/15/2012 8:03:12 PM]: Template STS#0: SPSite Id=21284d75-11dd-4e02-b796-1d83f48d5c1c could not be accessed due to exception. Skipping SPWeb Id=bc126963-8e62-4e8a-a45f-5827e6c077eb for template upgrade. Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The site with the id 21284d75-11dd-4e02-b796-1d83f48d5c1c could not be found.

     

    [SPWebTemplateSequence] [ERROR] [1/15/2012 8:03:12 PM]: Template STS#0: SPSite Id=b72ced43-64af-4a8e-ab0c-61fe69d5de92 could not be accessed due to exception. Skipping SPWeb Id=269d83ee-1cbf-4460-a6a8-cbacb4376eca for template upgrade. Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The site with the id b72ced43-64af-4a8e-ab0c-61fe69d5de92 could not be found.

    I tried to look at the table dbo.Webs and I get two rows with blank FullURL for the two of the SiteIds in the error messages and one with FullURL but is not existent site anymore.

    I do not have any idea how to fix this. Hope anybody can help me.

    thanks in advance!

     

    cheers,

    Noynoy

     

     

    Monday, January 16, 2012 2:49 AM
  • Hello NoyNoy,

    try following steps

    1) Stop SharePoint timer service.
    2) Restart Project Server Queue and Event Services.
    3) Start SharePoint Timer Service.
    4) Stop the Project Application service from central admin page.
    5) Start the Project Application service from Central admin page.

    Thanks,

    Hrishi Deshpande

     

    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:06 PM
  • This issue has been addressed in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971620

    You may need to install the same

    Thanks,

    Hrishi Deshpande

     

     

    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:08 PM