how can i obtain a Windows Vista recovery disc for my dell pc? RRS feed

• Question

• I have proof my PC was originally purchased with Windows Vista Home Basic but I was never given any recovery disk for my operating software. I have the Windows Vista Key Code & Can i just purchase a actual disc for a WAY LOWER priced Vista Software? 
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:45 AM

Answers

• Almost all laptops that are not provided with recovery disks will have a hidden partition on the hard disk that serves for the same function, reinstall windows back to factory state.

You'll have to read your manual of the laptop for the proper key combination upon boot how to enter it, with Dell systems it is often F10, or Alt+F10. Sometimes it is also listed on the Dell boot screen when you turn your pc on what function what bootkeys have, like open up a boot menu, enter the bios/setup, boot from lan or system recovery.

If that's not the case either, you'll have to purchase recovery disks from Dell, you'll have to contact customer support there. These disks usually don't cost a lot.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schwarz

If you one of these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer". If a post contained helpfull information, please be so kind to click on the "Vote as helpful" button :)
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 17, 2010 6:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 20, 2010 3:27 AM
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:29 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 17, 2010 6:04 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 1:13 AM

All replies

• Almost all laptops that are not provided with recovery disks will have a hidden partition on the hard disk that serves for the same function, reinstall windows back to factory state.

You'll have to read your manual of the laptop for the proper key combination upon boot how to enter it, with Dell systems it is often F10, or Alt+F10. Sometimes it is also listed on the Dell boot screen when you turn your pc on what function what bootkeys have, like open up a boot menu, enter the bios/setup, boot from lan or system recovery.

If that's not the case either, you'll have to purchase recovery disks from Dell, you'll have to contact customer support there. These disks usually don't cost a lot.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schwarz

If you one of these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer". If a post contained helpfull information, please be so kind to click on the "Vote as helpful" button :)
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 17, 2010 6:03 AM
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:29 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 17, 2010 6:04 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 1:13 AM