SCCM2012 - upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Since last one year we are using SCCM 2012 SP1 and which is working very well. With recent release of Windows 10, we are in process of Pilot phase of Windows 10 deployment (Testing with application compatibility etc). When i tries to install the SCCM client in Windows 10 machine , its not allowing me to do so (i read on google that we need to upgrade the SCCM to next level).

I Tried to download SP1_CU1 but seems update is not available for download (not sure), can you please suggest for which version i can go for upgrade (from the current version) so the windows 10 support can be available through SCCM.

Also if you can share me a good document to for Windows 10 deployment through SCCM, it may help me to upgrade more than 3000 clients to the Windows 10. How we available the OS deployment in different subnets, across different location (have two secondary sites in my Organization).

Thank you in advance..

Anil Suthar

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 11:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want full Windows 10 support with servicing branches and so on, you should upgrade your ConfigMgr to 1511 version.

If that is not a option and you are on SP1, you will have to update to SP2 to get Windows 10 support.

First what you need to do is update your ADK 8 to ADK 10 and then apply SP2 and CU2 for SP2 to your environment.

Post with some good information on upgrading

Hope this will point you in the right direction.

Thursday, December 24, 2015 3:17 AM

All replies